Fuel filter location

HC92

Hi,

I just joined these forums and I have a question about the fuel filter. My car is a 1992 honda civic GL hatchback. I have looked in the car manual and searched all around the car including under the back seat but I could not locate where the fuel filter was. It just says that it is on the left side of the fuel tank but does not specifically say where exactly it is. Also, when I told the people at the auto shop, they gave me a small plastic filter, not 100% sure but that is what came up on their computer. Does anyone know where it is? I really need to replace it.

Thanks

Last edited:

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What engine is in the vehicle?

HC92

It's an automatic transmission, carburetor type. It's a stock engine if that is what you wanted to know.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's an automatic transmission, carburetor type. It's a stock engine if that is what you wanted to know.
No. The engine code.
Pretty sure all civics rocked it in the same location.

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab152/yebabee/IMG_4894.jpg

anything like that on the firewall?
He's in Australia. Carbd engine, the posted filter is for the injected models. He will more than likely have a plastic in line filter.

Op follow the fuel lines. They aren't complex. They run out of the tank, under the car along the frame, and up into the engine bay to the carb. Look for the filter on the feed line.

HC92

Okay, here is the engine No: D15B42002807 and i'll have a look underneath the car again.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If its not in the engine bay then it should be on the chassis underneath, yet reasonably accessible. Get under there and trace the fuel line(s).

Last edited:

HC92

Thanks everyone!! I found the filter hiding behind a black cover on the back left of the car. Just had to trace the fuel lines as you guys stated. And yes it is the same plastic filter that I had bought. Now to replace it! It has been years lol.. going to do it more regularly now. Hopefully, It should fix the shaking/engine dying upon idle when cold and the black smoke as I start my car everyday.