fuel gauge changes drastically

Ihtasham Alam

Hii
I have a honda civic 95 model.
its fuel gauge changes drastically it self. When I turn the car right fuel gauge goes up and when I turn the car left it comes down suddenly. I dont know weather its the fuel level sensor problem or its normal in civic 95.
Can anyone help??

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's normal. You'd also notice this while going uphill the gauge will drop, and raise when going downhill. It's just the way the fuel level is read in the older civics.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yep, it's normal. I used to see the gauge in my civic go from half a tank to almost E at times, depending on a left or right curve.

Ihtasham Alam

Some times its so irritating, is there any way we can fix it?
I have another car honda city 2012 model and its fuel gauge always remains stable despite of the turns I make. Can we install any new fuel sensor which works fine?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Some times its so irritating, is there any way we can fix it?
I have another car honda city 2012 model and its fuel gauge always remains stable despite of the turns I make. Can we install any new fuel sensor which works fine?
I don't think so. It's not the sensor that's the issue, it's the location of it (I think).

anv2tk

Respected
just to re-iterate what was said before me, totally normal. in fact, my 94 civic actually developed a new habit. when I turn it on and start driving, my fuel gauge reading drops. so much so, that I know not to see how much fuel I have until I'm well on the road lol. these old cars man, they have more habits than an old dog :hitlol: