Fuel injector leaking. Should I replace seal or is the problem internal?

civi716

Would realy like some insight on this. Shoukd I just replace seals or buy new injector.( short on cash at the moment. My father is telling me that its pointless to replace the seals. Ive herd of many ppl replacing seals. I mean why do they make kits. Some insight on this will realy be appreciated.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
If the seal is leaking/damaged etc. then why is it a waste of time to replace it? Where exactly is it leaking from?

civi716

He was saying its pointless to replace seals because it went for a reason in the first place. So the new seal will go just as fast. I figured Id just try it because its cheap. Only thing I was worried about is the gas spraying in tge engine bay after the seal goes. Well After I got the injector out found out that its only external seal ( dont know the technical term). Was riped. Realy simple fix isnt leaking at the moment. Just hope its not the injector its self as my dad was saying. I made thread just to get sec opinion. If any of yous had a leaking injector and replaced just seals, had they had any leaks? And thanks for responding xx bloodshotxx . I feel your on top of this whole forum. Very knowledgeable. I appreciate any feedback from you. Ima noob. My father does my hard work. Im realy trying to learn.

civi716

Sorry for wasting viewers time. Like I said im not very knowledgeable. I realy appreciate sec opinions.

civi716

!Mechanically inclined. Im not a idiot haha. I know what everything is on the car and how it works just dont feel confident enough to start taring things down on my own

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
So you replaced the seal and it stopped leaking, that's a good thing. At the very worst getting another stock injector is stupid cheap. I trade them for cans of Monster. I'm not the MOST knowledgeable on here, I just have more free time on my hands.