Fuel problems

josh1099

So, I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right area, but I replaced my fuel pump and fuel filter because mine was the original (1992 hatchback dx 1.6ltr) and had gone out. My car will still start, But As soon as I give it any throttle, it dies. Could it be an o2 sensor? Not sure what else it could be at this point.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not giving much to go off of.

Are the injectors firing? Is the pump priming? Is the filter plumbed correctly?

If it was running fine before you replaced parts, I would look to your work. Did you plug everything back in? Trace your work, provide some more information including EVERYTHING you have done to troubleshoot this issue, and then report back.

josh1099

No, it died on my in the middle of the night. Before that, it would sputter when I gave it more than 3/4 throttle. Had to tow it to my house and I've replaced the filter and pump. I'm not incredibly savvy with cars, but I will look around to find out your questions and report back when I know. Thanks.

Also, if I was going up a hill it would sputter and nearly die unless I pulled off the gas.

Last edited by a moderator:

josh1099

Replaced the fuel pump and filter, gave it some heet and new gas. Ran good for 2 days, then died on me again. I've cleaned the throttle housing, checking spark plugs, checked the injectors and yes yes yes to your questions.