Fuel pump no power

saabguy

No power to fuel pump. Replaced fuel pump, main relay replaced, checked every single fuse 24 and 31 have power and are good, jumped the contacts on main 1 to 7 and 5 to 7 and the fuel pump turns on but no start, have plenty of spark and injectors have power. Please help.

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
My first question is how do you know for sure it's your fuel pump? for all you know, it could still be your main relay (which are behind a lot of the 'no start' problems).

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
well the main relay doesn't just turn the fuel pump on or off that only half of it, the other half sends power to other things IMG_0215.JPG

saabguy

My first question is how do you know for sure it's your fuel pump? for all you know, it could still be your main relay (which are behind a lot of the 'no start' problems).
Because I took my multimeter to the leads and there is no power unless I jump 5 to 7 or 1 to 7 on the relay. The relay Is new.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
Because I took my multimeter to the leads and there is no power unless I jump 5 to 7 or 1 to 7 on the relay. The relay Is new.
If your pump turns on when you jump the pins then it's not the fuel pump if the relay is new then there might be a excessive power draw that keeps blowing the fuel part of the relay

And check the wiring

Last edited by a moderator:

saabguy

I have traced all wiring for the fuel pump. It all has perfect voltage and continuity. I know the pump is fine it's new.

How would I find an excessive power draw. Has anyone dealt with this before

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

saabguy

It's with an electrician now I will let you know what was wrong.

saabguy

I'm military stationed over seas in Sicily Italy and electricians and mechanics take a little longer here lol. I will keep you all posted

saabguy

The result is in... Distributor rotor screw came lose and shorted a connection inside the distributor housing.

saabguy

Wtf though something so simple. I had spark to that's the messed up part. Damn you screws that randomly fall out and touch electrical posts.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
cam angle sensor and stuff are in the distributor for honda all tho obd2 typically had a external crank angle sensor mounted by the crank gear that the timing belt rides on. ecu usually reads tho sensors first upon first start up

saabguy

Had to replace the distributor and the PCM and boom she's back up.

saabguy

No not the ecu the pcm and distributor. The screw fell off and killed it all

saabguy

When I think ecu I'm thinking the whole ecu the pcm is just a part of it.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
yea sound really odd and confusing. being that both are the same unit because pcm is only just one of many parts of the ecu and its not sold separately normally the whole ecu is sold/ replaced. cause if you really wanted to replace or fix that part on the ecu you'll be sitting there taking off old solder and re soldering it or possible replacing burnt chip or resistors off the board