fuel tank capacity

DG Krishna

As per makers the tank capacity is 13.2 us gallons. Yesterday the level indicator went past empty and I drove just about 2km after that. Today I filled up the tank to brim level and only 42 ltrs could go in. Can any body advise me how much fuel is still left in the tank after indicator goes past minimums

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Impossible to tell accurately. EVERY civic seems to be different and most of them the needle bounces around a lot on lower fuel levels.

Also, we have no clue what you are working with...

Considering that most civics average around 30mpg (48-50km) your 2km was not very much in the numbers. Just a quick guess, you had over 7 liters left. Pretty easy math if calculated right in the conversion.

Last edited:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
On average, Civics of all generations have approximately 2 gallons of fuel left once it hits red of the fuel light pops on. The number varies by model and year, but its usually somewhere around 2 gallons. The smaller the gas tank the lower it likely is. If you really want to know then buy yourself a gallon container, fill it, then drive until you run out of gas.

DG Krishna

Thank you for ur feedback. Just one more query,has anyone driven a civic to Rohtang pass and from there to Leh, I am talking from ground clearance point of view.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If you can find anyone on this site that has done that, I highly commend you lol.

Reactions: HeX

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Rohtang pass....as in Himalayas? Not likely to have anyone on here that is from any where near there. 95% of our members are U.S.A and Canada based.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thank you for ur feedback. Just one more query,has anyone driven a civic to Rohtang pass and from there to Leh, I am talking from ground clearance point of view.
I know nothing of the locations you speak of, but if you want to get an idea if you can make the drive in a tankful, I suggest getting on google maps and entering the nearest landmark at each desired point you can find, or selecting each point manually and see if that helps get your answer.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know nothing of the locations you speak of, but if you want to get an idea if you can make the drive in a tankful, I suggest getting on google maps and entering the nearest landmark at each desired point you can find, or selecting each point manually and see if that helps get your answer.

Google Rohtang Pass. He has more to worry about making it through without damage than whether he has enough gas.

dancam

Registered VIP
To know how far you can go the only way to tell is to put a can of gas in your trunk and drive till you run out of gas-measuring the km. it will be different every time with fluctuations in fuel economy. Also the measurement at the pump varies quite a bit with the temperature of the fuel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk