funky idle surging?

RonJ

Banned
What car/engine/mods? Give us some background. Any CEL codes?

vtac_ej6

98 sedan, y7block y8 mini me head swap. headers back exhaust. short ram intake. has matching ecu and mani for y8. everything has been fine. started idlig like this when i got off the highway. i wasnt beating on it either

dont have a scanner. can check codes tomorrow. my check engine light is always on since no cat

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

RonJ

Banned
CEL codes? Is the coolant level low in the radiator or reservoir?

Jump the service connector with a paper clip to pull the codes.

vtac_ej6

still didnt get a chance to run codes. coolant was low in the resovoir but raditlator was full. did a full flush and bleed. cleaned throttle body. found a very small vaccuum leak. hopefully will be able to fix it monday.

if it was due to the vacvuum leak though wouldn't it be all the time and not just at idle?

matrixjo1

if it was a vacuum leak it should only be at idle because the engine only really has vacuum at idle and when the throttle body opens there is very little vacuum

vtac_ej6

if it was a vacuum leak it should only be at idle because the engine only really has vacuum at idle and when the throttle body opens there is very little vacuum
well hopefully this will fix my problem then! i wont br doing it till monday though :/

vtac_ej6

well i wasnt able to fix the vaccumm leak. it is not bad at all and for the time being i have another line over the old one to try and help a little bit. i did however take the idle air control valve and blast the mesh filter thing with carb cleaner, wire brushed it and wiped it down.

on my way home from work. it seemed to be idling fine. just around 900 rpms. jopefully it stays this way for now