Fuse 43 Keeps Blowing

m1king23

Hello everyone. Im new to the forums. Decided to join in on the conversation since I'm having similar issues as OP. One difference is that my fuse#43 is blown and keeps popping when replaced.

I jumped straight into the service bulletin that the OP is referring to. It involves unscrewing the intake manifold bracket and using electrical tape to re-tape the wire harness. It was a real pain since everything was still connected and there was hardly any slack. After all that effort the problem is still happening.

I've had my local auto parts store check the alternator and battery several times. I don't have any CEL codes and everything is stock, no audio system or fog lights or any extras.

Some suggestions that I've come across.
Replace alternator. Even though it tests good it might be bad.
Replace distributor/distributor cap and wires.
Replace ground cables with 4 gauge wire. (I'm going to do this next)

I'll keep trying different things and let u guys know if anything works. I uploaded the bulletin just in case.

Attachments

Last edited:

m1king23

I believe I found the problem. Looked up something stating that the issue might be the electronic load detector (ELD) and that it might need to be replaced. The only issue is that Honda does not sell this part separately for 2000 and older hondas. This part is integrated into the fuse box. Luckily I was able to find one at my local junk yard. I replaced the part and no more pulsing lights. There was another way stating that you could cut the ALTC wire but I didn't want to for fear of doing it wrong. Hopefully this issue doesn't come back.