future boosted 99ex sedan with A/C

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks guys, i need to get some daytime shots of the lights and some night time shots with both projectors on and aimed properly.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
few shots in the daylight for the people who asked

Last edited:

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks its getting there, hopefully i can keep the paint on this car nicer than my coupe

Turbo_Freak

BAMF
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Cause I can't get mine to work. I don't know what it is really. It's driving me nuts. I bought new bulbs and ballasts and still nothing. I'm guessing its my grounding points. Only one flickers and the other one does nothing. As soon as I'm on vacation I'll troubleshoot further. Would you have any insight on my problem?

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What kit do you have? Did you check the inline fuse in the aftermarket harness, and maybe the headlight fuses under the dash? I remember working on something and burning both my left and right low beam fuses causing the hid to not come on since the headlight harness feeds the hid harness power. Other than that the control box/relay on the hid harness could be a problem

Turbo_Freak

BAMF
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have the Mini H1 3.0 I believe. I bought them ~2 years ago. But the inline fuse is still good. As far as the fuse for the headlights go, I'm assuming it is still good cause I have another set of headlights I use and they work fine. I wired the lights to the battery the other day just to make sure they worked and they do. I suspected the control box but wasn't quite sure. But thanks for the feedback. I'll email TRS sometime later this week. What part of CA are you from?

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would look into the moto control box, mine is gold colored. Where do you have yours located and how is the connector positioned? I put mine down so that water can not collect in the connector. Well I'm from Chico ca but I now live in quincy ca

ps i got a double din alpine INE-W940 navigation radio, i love it. just need to figure out a bezel for it, both the one that came with it and the install kit i bought didnt fit.

Last edited:

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well i drilled some new holes in my ac condenser bracket to pull the top toward the core support, then i wrapped the old bracket for the suction hose around the suction and discharge and bolted it together which pulled the suction hose about 5/8 of an inch off my dump tube.now i shouldnt get the heat transfer affect like a heatsink but i still have to work on the radiant heat coming off the dump tube.

my solution that i think will work is make a custom clocking flange at work

i believe the top hose is the inlet for the radiator so i shouldnt have to worry about heating the coolant, i just have to make sure when i make a new dump it doesnt touch the upper hose. i plan on dumping right in front of the passenger side tranny mount or maybe curve it under and dump a little further back.

cant tell much in this but you see where im routing the dump hopefully

Got my flange made, had to countersink the bolt holes to mount the flange to the manifold

well i got my dump tube made, im really happy with the way it all came together now hopefully this helps cool down my bay a little bit. i also reinstalled my turbo blanket but its a little big so im not sure how much help it will be

tacking together the pie cuts i made with a cutoff wheel and my grinder

all welded together

painted and wrapped, i have some new titanium wrap coming so i will rewrap it here in a few days

Last edited:

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well i got my new exhaust wrap finally. i wrapped my a/c suction hose in aluminum foil then wrapped it in exhaust wrap

Last edited:

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so this just happened,

im doing 60 in a 55 on a windy ass road and some dude is riding my ass, i come around the corner to a big ass rock in the middle of my lane and no where to go. im pretty sure the dude behind me got a rock in his grill but looks like i need a new oil pan again, this is my second civic i have put a hole in an oil pan in

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ya it does, this actually happened last week (just updated my build and fixed broken images). I ordered a brand new steel pan and gasket from autozone, hopefully they fit correct and I don't have to return them. I figured a steel pan would be better in my situation so maybe it will only dent or crack and not shatter like the aluminum one, if it does ever crack I can weld it myself and also I can finally weld my -10 an oil return fitting instead of using the bulk heads I have been using.

The oil pan got here yesterday and my s2000 oil filter got here today, I'm hoping the s2000 filter will bump up pressure slightly.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So I got my oil pan on, finally have a welded drain fitting for my turbo also. Welded the fitting with my flux core harbor freight welder, not fantastic looking but I'm much better with it now that I weld a lot at work.

First off I noticed the rock also dented my charge piping, then I noticed my downpipe rubbed a hole in my charge pipe over time so I have had a boost leak for a while I guess. Also cut that section out of my friends old em1 exhaust and it's the perfect size diameter

For anyone that cares the steel oil pan that autozone sells fits, it's kind of tight but it fits. I noticed after it was all bolted up that the lip of the pan was against my ac bracket