fwdpower's high compression D16 build thread. Team SNK

fwdpower

No traction though.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well....the other week, my car started to make an ugly noise. Figured out I have a bottom end knock on the 1st Cylinder. Well, I decided to rebuild my D16Y8 with PM3 pistons....mainly because it's cheap and I'm leaving for Japan this June. So I'm mainly doing it so I can actually sell it, no one will buy it with a knocking engine.

I can only find D16Z6 blocks at the junkyard, so I'll be pulling that this Sunday.

I already ordered the high compression kit from fjdistributors. I'll be ordering my ECU from phearable, new clutch, ARP headstuds, ARP rod bolts, and AEM adjustable cam.

Rebuild kit

Timeline of my car!
September 08'

Buddy Club Front Bumper, IONized headlights, Euro-tailights, 17 Inch rims, etc.

March 09'

Fat Fives, Stock front bumper, 96'-98' taillights, Si spoiler, twinloop muffler, Eibach prokits

October 09'

CTR replica headlights, stock grille, 99'-00' taillights, Type R lip, foglights,

February 10' (NOW)

Enkei Mesh rims, Bigger drop (Eibach Sportlines), Blox LCA's, Koni shocks, Yakima Roofrack, Mugen Style Lip, Painted bezels, painted valve cover

Better pictures of the car now will be up soon. Probably tomorrow.

Engine build will be up soon too.

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
damn.. twin loop ftmfw

drmrman

5+ Year Member
What is the benefit of a twin loop? never seen one before... Looks.... Umm... Strange!? :D Cool car!

SwiftEKtuner

EJ6 Powderpuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what brand muffler is that?OBX? thinking of getting a twin loop muffler:P

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for taking off the body kit.

Juuso

Looks rly good ! I first looked watta fck Evo tailed coupe Civ but it was Mitsu Mirage? Never seen one in real life.

fwdpower

No traction though.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
damn.. twin loop ftmfw
YEEESSS, i love mine.

What is the benefit of a twin loop? never seen one before... Looks.... Umm... Strange!? :D Cool car!
Air goes through the muffler twice, so it 'muffles it twice'. Twin loops give off a really deep tone and no high pitched raspyness.

what brand muffler is that?OBX? thinking of getting a twin loop muffler:P
No sir. www.jdmcarboy.com

Thanks for taking off the body kit.
Your welcome. That buddy club replica was ugly and of bad quality.

Thanks.

Looks rly good ! I first looked watta fck Evo tailed coupe Civ but it was Mitsu Mirage? Never seen one in real life.
Bahaha. He hates it when people mistake his Lancer/Mirage for a Honda. He gets it wayy too much.

nice "JDM" roof rack...:slap:
lmfao...yeah. It was on craigslist for $150 for my car... so i was like...why not?

fwdpower

No traction though.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm going pull the block today. Post pictures later.

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why did you chose to build a n/a single cam? It wont make any power :what:

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Got Traction, from what I understand from the posting he isn't Building it, just freshening up the motor before he throws a rod from the knock so he can sell it! =)

Looks good man

fwdpower

No traction though.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Got Traction, from what I understand from the posting he isn't Building it, just freshening up the motor before he throws a rod from the knock so he can sell it! =)

Looks good man
YESS, on the money. I am leaving for Japan this June and I need to sell the car. No one is going to buy the car with a knock, haha.

Anyways, we pulled the block today. LKQ of North Charleston, SC.

donor car, 92-95 coupe EX. Block is pretty cleeaaan.

12.5:1 compression very SOON

Mission Accomplished.

Costed me a total of $132. Full long block. Took us roughly 2 hours to take it out. Plus we were goofing around a lot...haha.

I will be tearing the block up tomorrow. Will have pictures up. Hopefully the stock rods are in good condition.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks good bro! Love the Pull n Save type junk yards! And yeah that LKQ place is on Ebay all the time, I have bought an engine and other s**t from them and its legit! Mustang is still running 3 yrs later!

fwdpower

No traction though.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Looks good bro! Love the Pull n Save type junk yards! And yeah that LKQ place is on Ebay all the time, I have bought an engine and other s**t from them and its legit! Mustang is still running 3 yrs later!
Yeah man. Nothing here is ever good though. No good B series ever stay in the junkyard for more than an hour (their own workers pull them for profit), the only B series that ever stay for more than one day are probably LS. But then, they never stay out there too long either.

Took the engine apart today.

got the flywheel and clutch kit off

oil pan off, you can tell that car is been sitting there for awhile. geez

cylinder walls are in pretty good shape.

rods and pistons are in good shape

All cleaned, packed up, labeled, and put away.

Just waiting on the rest of the parts to arrive. FJ distributors need to ship my stuff.

fwdpower

No traction though.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

block painted....still no parts =[