1. ClubCivic is now on Instagram! Follow us at clubcivicdotcom. Want your photos features? Tag or DM us, use #clubcivicdotcom, or email us your photos to photos@clubcivic.com

Gas leak

Discussion in '5th Generation Honda Civic (1992-1995)' started by Zaythegent, Nov 5, 2017.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. Zaythegent

Zaythegent New Member

So today I filled up on gas and I drove home and had no problems. After leaving again I was parked on a hill and gas started to drop from a spot right under my gas tank. On a level ground my car does not drop but with a tilt my car will drip gas. Can anyone tell me what they think is going on and if it's happened before to anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. boofoo

boofoo Respected Registered VIP

Ummm...the car has a fuel leak. Learn to diagnose. What would you do next?

3. Zaythegent

Zaythegent New Member

I mean idk maybe that's why I came to a forum?? I didn't know if this is a common problem or if I just need to go ahead and buy another gas tank? I'm inexperienced that's why I'm asking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. boofoo

boofoo Respected Registered VIP

Take a shot at it. What do you have to lose?

You have a leak. What do you need to know first to fix it?

5. Mr.Baker

Mr.Baker Mr. Search Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

Get under there and find out where the leak is coming from.
    My guess, the tank is probably rotten in a spot high on the tank, so when the car is filled and on an incline on that particular side, it leaks.