Going a Little...Different.. with my EJ6

inukiller5

5+ Year Member
Hey everyone! ive been in and out of the honda game for the past few years..
finally back in it.. i got a 98 lx sedan..stock!! sucks.. no power..cant get out of its own way..lol

all that will change soon...

the car is beat to hell,..but for like $600 im not gonna complain.. car needs paint.. INTERIOR WORK.. suspension help..and of course.. POWER..

The car is the (dont qoute me) Midori Green.. some idiot rolled the fenders when they slammed it.. knocked the paint off...instead of fixing it.. he SANDED IT DOWN...and CLEARED OVER IT... No paint... just clear :x:cry:

then,, someone had some crappy graphic on the driver side of the car.. that went from the fender to the back quater.. took it off.. now the paint is hazy all over the driver side... clear coat coming off the roof and trunk lid..

needs some love..

as for the interior.. dude tried to paint the interior black.. FAILED badly.. the damn dash was GREEN:evil::evil:

anyway.. had BLUE bandannas made into the door panels.. gotta figure out how to get those off.. cause they look stupid..

anyway as for what the title says... the car is going to be a little bit different style than most Honda owenrs... especially in my area.. Im a Country boy.. cant help it.. raised that way...

no its not gonna have ductape on it... lol

anyway.. i am debating when i repaint the car whether to do the green or go to black.. leaning towards black at the moment..

i have a set of rota circuit 8s on it right now.. they are black.. they will be Blaze Orange soon..

putting camo on the carpet to get rid of the ugly tan.. camo where dude put the bandannas.. and im going to vinyl wrap the hood camo!!.. its gonna be different..

probably do cheap knock off racing seats.. and a set of dark grey or black rear seats from an integra or somehting..

give me your thoughts.. negative and positive.. and as the process goes ill post photos.. if i can get this thing to post them without doing a X lol

Day 1:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/inukiller5/10430104415/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/inukiller5/10430101116/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/inukiller5/10430104196/

after i got it home.. put my wheels on it.. cleaned it a bit:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/inukiller5/10430095344/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/inukiller5/10430100074/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/inukiller5/10430132416/

So i got really...BORED... and plasti dipped the whole car... i have took it off now.. but this is what i did...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/inukiller5/10430162036/

yes the projector headlights are gonna go.. along with the spray painted tail lights..

give me ideas.. and etc.. THANKS:P

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
That last picture doesn't look too bad at all. I've never seen plasti-dip up close. How does/did it look over the whole car up close?

DTvn

Not bad for $600, i've seen worse. Paint doesn't look bad why not just pick up a new fender, you can find a pair for around $50. The color is cypress green pearl btw

inukiller5

5+ Year Member
That last picture doesn't look too bad at all. I've never seen plasti-dip up close. How does/did it look over the whole car up close?
up close it has a really grainy look and feel to it.. Black.. honestly does NOT look bad at all.. but i took it off because the white plastidip pics up so much dirt and all.. the whole car had black spots after like 2 days.. and you cant wash it really for about a week after you dip the car.. plus i didnt have enough to finish and get a good coat on the roof and a few spots had waves from where it wasnt thick enough..

inukiller5

5+ Year Member
Not bad for $600, i've seen worse. Paint doesn't look bad why not just pick up a new fender, you can find a pair for around $50. The color is cypress green pearl btw
the pics make it look much better than it really is.. there are spots everywhere, paint pealing.. some rust on the back quarter panel..

and the ENTIRE driver side is messed up.. from the fender back.. at the top of the door where the handles are the paint is just oxidized to hell.. i tried a buff and rubbing compound already.. idk what happend but looks like the only way to fix it is to wet sand it

CO671

Registered VIP
Dude if I were you, I'd spend another few hundred bucks to get a shell with an immaculate interior.
It'd be easier to swap everything over from a donor car rather to just piece it all out.

Good one that the headlights are going out.
For the front end here are some options:

If you want another lip, read the thread in my signature for more

96-98 DIY coupe/hatchback mesh grill
96-98 EDM grill

96-98 SiR headlights
96-98 DIY 96-98 CTR headlights

ever consider plastidipping the window visors? I did mine, I definitely prefer it, different from any other visors in a way and looks cleaner.

Looks great =) any interior shots though? that's what i was hoping for lol.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good luck with it. f**kin rednecks lol

inukiller5

5+ Year Member
Hate all you want. Your not bothering me any lol. You can't deny that it's different. If I did the same thing as everyone else then what's the point of customizing at all

inukiller5

5+ Year Member
Well i finally got a little time on my hands and i got to order some things for the civic...

ordered new headlights, fog lights.. and started Plasti-dipping the car all black.

inukiller5

5+ Year Member
*UPDATE*

Okay. Headlights are IN. Fog lights... :'( assclowns who had the car before me ripped the factory grille out of the bumper.. cant mount them because the grille is gone.. and everywhere i read says i have to get a whole new bumper... UGH. lol but i work at autozone..and certifit has one for $37.

The whole car is now Black.. And the Wheels are Blaze Orange. lol.
i will post pic as soon as i can.. Im working 16hr shifts at work and its hell lol. but as soon as i get a chance ill post up what the civic looks like.. the orange actually came out really good.

next will be some tint and HIDs
and hate all you want but the Blue Bandannas are coming out of those door panels.. and if the panel is f**ked up... camo is going in its place lol

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You said you wanted to be different. Black housing headlights, fog lights, black plasti dip, orange wheels, and now window tint and hid's. I understand there's only so much you can do to a car, but at least buy reputable name brand parts, and make it a quality build. Otherwise it's some cheap thrown together crap off of eBay just like 80 percent of the scene today.

Just sayin.

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
You said you wanted to be different. Black housing headlights, fog lights, black plasti dip, orange wheels, and now window tint and hid's. I understand there's only so much you can do to a car, but at least buy reputable name brand parts, and make it a quality build. Otherwise it's some cheap thrown together crap off of eBay just like 80 percent of the scene today.

Just sayin.
Right on the money.

inukiller5

5+ Year Member
Well the thing is..name brand parts.. 8/10 times does the same s**t the knock off brand is.. to me thats just points.. its like having something..just to say you have it... and cheap thrown together crap doesnt bother me when i only paid $600 for the car. I drive it daily.. its not a show car. it doesnt need name brand. just my opinion. Now if i was doing car shows with it.. and wanted to show off.. then yeah.. i probably would pay the money for real ctr headlights or stuff like that.. but for just something to drive to make it stand out in the parking lot.. why bother dumping a ton of money.. lol. im cheap.. i have a kid on the way.. doing cheap upgrades is all im planning right now. it gets too expensive doing brand name.. trust me.. i have almost $10k wrapped up in my mustang in Brand Name Parts.. but thats my show car.