going v-tech soon, what do i need?

KiDxTrUe

5+ Year Member
so i know i sound like i noob but i have a 1990 ef hatch with zc engine, i plan to b going v-tech soon, and was wondering what parts i will need? such as the ecu, wire harness etc.
any help please and thank you

j3wman

Professional
well idk what kinda vtech item youre getting. is it a mouse a keyboard or a phone? id assume some usb connectivity and a phone line are good starting places

KiDxTrUe

5+ Year Member
im talking about going vtech on my car

j3wman

Professional
im sorry to break it to you but if you have a ZC (DOHC i assume) then you already have VTEC so your just going b series not "going vtec" you will need a wiring harness and mounts. and a new header other than that it should be pretty much plug and play. did i miss anything?

KiDxTrUe

5+ Year Member
well my friend told me to go with a p28 ecu but i think it was just for his eg hatch cuz hes going vtec also, but with what ur saying i guess i dont need to go vtec, but i was also debating weather to go with PW0, PM6, or PM7 on the ecu, i have the PM9 right now, and i believe its for a 4spd, idk if thats right or not, i also wanted to chip the ecu

j3wman

Professional
p28 is chippable so thats a good one to go with i used to run one when i had a tune on my accord. the b16 is a better engine the d16zc is more like the old skool specific power house. think of it like the b series being the chevy small block of the import world. a h22 would be like a big block. andthe d series would be like the straight six. and a v6 swap would be like getting a v10 or something out of an old fighter plane i guess. that make sense?

the b series is better because it has a LOT more potential and after market support than the d or h series. i know because im also building a h22/f22 hybrid which uses all h22 parts for the most part.

KiDxTrUe

5+ Year Member
dang, sounds intense, i seen a few videos on youtube, and im debating on weather to go with a b20 or k20, they pull in a ef hatch. i kinda just wanted to keep the zc and build on it, just cuz ive been stopped by cops over 15 times, and dont want any more trouble, i guess i will need to get another hatch thats not my dd car and drop a diff engine in it

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you need to study more before you take the test

:twocents:

j3wman

Professional
if u get stopped by the cops and they open your hood and see a dohc ZC thats worse than an LS swap

KiDxTrUe

5+ Year Member
zc is not worse, they cant do anything, if anything they cant find a vin cuz its jdm