good coilovers? strut tower brace?

_Idrivethat_Ricer

Hey guys, so I just got these sick sparco drift wheels on my 05 coupe and I want to lower my car. I have a wheel gap that can't be ignored, but I just dropped 1100 bucks on my new wheels and tires. Yall know any fairly inexpensive coilover set ups and maybe a strut tower brace? I found some on ebay for around $450 but I don't know if they are good. I don't know what the spring rate should be for a more sporty feel. I just want to lower my car and inch to 1 1/2 inches and reduce the pitch and roll crap when I turn hard. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Hey guys, so I just got these sick space drift wheels on my 05 coupe and I want to lower my car. I have a wheel gap that can't be ignored, but I just dropped 1100 bucks on my new wheels and tires. Yall know any fairly inexpensive coilover set ups and maybe a strut tower brace? I found some on ebay for around $450 but I don't know if they are good. I don't know what the spring rate should be for a more sporty feel. I just want to lower my car and inch to 1 1/2 inches and reduce the pitch and roll crap when I turn hard. Any suggestions are much appreciated.
16921.jpeg 16864.jpeg 16921.jpeg 16864.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just dropped 1100 bucks on my new wheels and tires. Yall know any fairly inexpensive coilover set ups and maybe a strut tower brace? I found some on ebay for around $450 but I don't know if they are good.
I don't know what is a good set up for 7th gens, but you shouldn't have dropped $1100 on wheels then.
Don't cheap out on suspension, you ride on it!
Why cheap out and have it ride like garbage, save up for quality stuff and don't rush it.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Why cheap out and have it ride like garbage, save up for quality stuff and don't rush it.
^^ This.

For the record, the $400 I spent on ebay coilovers years ago, only lasted a couple years. Then it was like driving around in a bounce house.

Look into Tein Street Basis coilovers -- you can find them in the ClubCivic store here. I personally just bought the next step up, Tein Street Advance coilovers for my RSX from the CC store. Installed last week and so far I am incredibly happy. Money well spent, and they don't break the bank either.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The old saying, measure twice, cut once applies.
It pays to research and find the best deal on QUALITY stuff!
Don't settle for something just to lower your car, when in a year or so, the ride will suck and it won't even be enjoyable to drive the car.
Not money well spent!

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The old saying, measure twice, cut once applies.
It pays to research and find the best deal on QUALITY stuff!
Don't settle for something just to lower your car, when in a year or so, the ride will suck and it won't even be enjoyable to drive the car.
Not money well spent!
Fact. I learned this the hard way. :lol:

Em2 Ja

^^ This.

For the record, the $400 I spent on ebay coilovers years ago, only lasted a couple years. Then it was like driving around in a bounce house.

Look into Tein Street Basis coilovers -- you can find them in the ClubCivic store here. I personally just bought the next step up, Tein Street Advance coilovers for my RSX from the CC store. Installed last week and so far I am incredibly happy. Money well spent, and they don't break the bank either.
I don't know what is a good set up for 7th gens, but you shouldn't have dropped $1100 on wheels then.
agreed don't cheap out on suspension ,i dropped my em 2 on tein adjustable coil overs and haven't had a problem in fact the ride feels fairly sturdy and there is not much bouncing around going on .

_Idrivethat_Ricer

^^ This.

How much are those coilovers?

How much are those coilovers?
The Tein street ones