Good Or Bad D16zc Dohc

powerdbyhonda

5+ Year Member
I have a 93 civic dx hatch,and i wanna swap the d15b7 to a D16ZC dohc...is a good idea or bad..How much Hp and tq does the ZC come stock?...

BRAK54

come getcha some
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
look it up douche bag

milanoej1

5+ Year Member
BRAK54 said:
look it up douche bag

thats not very nice...but bro...honesty f**k zc's...if u wana run a dblock go with a d16z6(92-95) or the y8(96-00)...im not to sure on the zc but they put out about 130 hp...the bad is they are obd0...but if i were u id look it...

Silver Bullet

6 spd = titis
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
since when is obd0 bad?

Kataku

HAYOO
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Silver Bullet said:
since when is obd0 bad?
:word:
I'd actually suggest him to convert his car to obd0 with the swap. And even if he desired obd1 for whatever reason, there are obd1 ZC's.

And what's your reasoning behind saying "f**k zcs get a z6 or y8"? And please don't say VTAK!!11

milanoej1

5+ Year Member
if i was guna do a dohc engine...i rather go with a b18 ls...y bother puttin a zc in a 5th gen?

that_sick_eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
go wit the z6 if ur stickin wit d series cuz theres allllot more parts and z6 jus comes 5 less hp and has vtec =)

EricDaReDD

Dedicated2myDxHatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
that_sick_eg said:
go wit the z6 if ur stickin wit d series cuz theres allllot more parts and z6 jus comes 5 less hp and has vtec =)
:word: I'm siding with you on this one. You can do a lot more with a z6 than a zc if you wanna rAWK the d-series.

Peace and Llove
Eric

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
theres nothing wrong with the ZC....i belive besides vtAk! they are pretty equal..and some people belive it or not dont want vtec..

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah but id still rock a z6 before putting in a zc. reasoning is because you can do so much more to the z6 than zc. reason for that is because no usdm car came with a zc so companies dont care for it much; aftermarket parts wise. plus we know more about the z6 than the zc. so if the z6 were to break down then, oh well not a big problem. come time when something is wrong with the zc, oh no huge problem. we dont carry zc parts here. but hey do as you please. its your car.

Sepheroth86

5+ Year Member
EG Hatch said:
yeah but id still rock a z6 before putting in a zc. reasoning is because you can do so much more to the z6 than zc. reason for that is because no usdm car came with a zc so companies dont care for it much; aftermarket parts wise. plus we know more about the z6 than the zc. so if the z6 were to break down then, oh well not a big problem. come time when something is wrong with the zc, oh no huge problem. we dont carry zc parts here. but hey do as you please. its your car.

I dont have any issues getting parts for my ZC.

D16A1 from an 88-89 integra are almost identical.

Also, in my case the ZC that I have is the EXACT same as the D16A6. So no issues there.

Another thing to note... ZC DOHC's are MAD CHEAP, so if something messes up you can get another one for ~$500. Why even mess with rebuilding?

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sepheroth86 said:

Also, in my case the ZC that I have is the EXACT same as the D16A6. So no issues there.

Another thing to note... ZC DOHC's are MAD CHEAP, so if something messes up you can get another one for ~$500. Why even mess with rebuilding?
well i see what you mean. but i would rebuild because wwho knows what the "new": engine has been through and the life of it. well im going to do more reasearch on the zc myself. and do you have the SOHC or the DOHC?

Sepheroth86

5+ Year Member
better option yet.... do what I did.

SOHC ZC, with a Z6 head. higher compression = more fun for daddy.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member

:word:
the dohc zc is sooo cheap and for more power in the topend.....i smoked my friend with the z6 motor......its not even that hard to find parts for it......and once u start putting some money in it its easier to make more power outta the dohc than the sohc.......