Good Or Bad D16zc Dohc

Kingjames83

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I dont have any issues getting parts for my ZC.

D16A1 from an 88-89 integra are almost identical.

Also, in my case the ZC that I have is the EXACT same as the D16A6. So no issues there.

Another thing to note... ZC DOHC's are MAD CHEAP, so if something messes up you can get another one for ~$500. Why even mess with rebuilding?
I have had a DOHC ZC in my 93 and it was OBD1 and i loved it. There is enough aftermarket parts to make it fun BUT they are not almost identical to the 88-89 d16a1
for Distributors and altinators you almost have to go to an importer because none of them are the same here. The upper rad hose, although not a big deal but its a different length. Just a few problems I ran into.

Sepheroth86

5+ Year Member
whats the sohc zc block code
ZC

I have had a DOHC ZC in my 93 and it was OBD1 and i loved it. There is enough aftermarket parts to make it fun BUT they are not almost identical to the 88-89 d16a1
for Distributors and altinators you almost have to go to an importer because none of them are the same here. The upper rad hose, although not a big deal but its a different length. Just a few problems I ran into.

I wouldnt even think of an alternator being part of the engine..... I was meaning internally. Pistons, rods etc.

Ls-HatchBoy

Honda Whore
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
for what u have stick with a d series, me prefrebly i would get a z6 or y8. because the money u spend to get a b series into a d series car while theirs not huge differences it costs a pretty penny. and with that money u save turbo it and have some real fun. me peronally have an siR b16 but thats because EM1's come with b series and its an easy swap. so stick with the d16. i dont really say f**k ZC, but keep in mind they are older. but d16 y8 or z6 are 92-00 depending on which.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have a 92 OBD1 DOHC ZC, so there are lower milage ones.

there are SOHC ZC OBD2's