Got another Rex.

88CReXin

Broke college student
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well yesterday I decided to get the Rex Ive been eyeballing for 3 days. Dude was only asking $400 but I just paid only $350.

Good
88 Crx hf 5 speed
171k miles on it
runs
Working AC
and decent Interior

Bad
Needs body work
Some rust but very fixable
Revs to 3k (while not in gear)
no reverse

So to get it I had to change the lower ball joint. Luckily I so happen to have a spare knuckle and some axles in the garage just in case. When me and my boy got up there the lower ball joint was completely snapped off and the driver side axle had broke off in two. That was the easy part. So begining my hour long trip home I stop at a gas station to get something to drink. I come back to the car and its not moving. I'm putting it in gear and everything. Well since I was able to put it in gear without the clutch I just assume that the tranny just decided to take a s**t on me. So after an AAA and a free HF tranny from a member of my car club I've been trying to put the new one in. But overall I'm very happy with it and hopefully I can have the mini me swap in it and start having fun.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
that's awesome op but :nopics:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sounds like a decent deal..

88CReXin

Broke college student
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh my freaking goodness. So I changed out the tranny and clutch and its doing the exact same thing.

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good deal, but we need pics man...