Got lucky with a 2000 Civic hatch

your ability to track the car like that and wheres its been is very cool man! would love the full history of my car to someday! :smoking1:

jakeeton1002

Respected
Ah, ok. That all makes more sense then. FYI, I simply swapped in an RSX-S muffler with my stock engine & pipes and I've been very pleased with the results. I believe two other members here did the same and were also pleased. You may wish to consider a similar option for this stock engine and save the extra cash for the more important projects down the line.
The only thing I'm trying to find now, is a set of wheels that are 15x8, with an offset higher than +25.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

jackdog1

Love the Star Wars themed armrest and shifter cover. You have inspired me. I'm totally doing that with my car.

jakeeton1002

Respected
Love the Star Wars themed armrest and shifter cover. You have inspired me. I'm totally doing that with my car.
It was super easy. Just use the factory shift boot retainer and a rubber band when you make the shift boot. And don't order 5 yards like I did. I meant to say 5 feet, but I was messing with my kids and I accidentally said 5 yards. The lady had already cut it by the time I realized what I said, so $30 later... Lol

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It was super easy. Just use the factory shift boot retainer and a rubber band when you make the shift boot. And don't order 5 yards like I did. I meant to say 5 feet, but I was messing with my kids and I accidentally said 5 yards. The lady had already cut it by the time I realized what I said, so $30 later... Lol
Well, at least you have enough for the doors and the headliner, which should tie the theme all together rather nicely. I strongly suggest you spray it all with Scotch Guard fabric protector. Otherwise it will stain very easily and your work wouldve been all for nothing because that white cannot stay clean otherwise.

jakeeton1002

Respected
Well, at least you have enough for the doors and the headliner, which should tie the theme all together rather nicely. I strongly suggest you spray it all with Scoth Guard fabric protector. Otherwise it will stain very easily and your work wouldve been all for nothing because that white cannot stay clean otherwise.
Way ahead of ya, already bought it [emoji41]

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Way ahead of ya, already bought it [emoji41]
We're dealing with a smart man, here. I'm looking forward to your progress now that it seems like you may make some educated decisions.

Consider a high quality tint for the windows so you have maximum UV protection which will reduce upholstery fading along with reducing the wear of your interior. The difference between my previous cheap tint & my recent quality Scorpion & SolarFX UV tint is easily noticeable, for what its worth.

Last edited:

jakeeton1002

Respected
We're dealing with a smart man, here. I'm looking forward to your progress now that it seems like you may make some educated decisions.

Consider a high quality tint for the windows so you have maximum UV protection which will reduce upholstery fading along with reducing the wear of your interior. The difference between my previous cheap tint & my recent quality Scorpion & Solar Guard UV tint is easily noticeable, for what its worth.
I'm probably going to do 35% in the front, 20% rear. Ziebart does a hell of a job, and I won't have anybody but them tint my windows. I don't want the cheap tint that turns purple and bubbles lol

jakeeton1002

Respected
so the arm rest is covered via sheet you had cut like vinyl iam assuming? :2confused
I took the arm rest off, and underneath there's 4 screws, Two holding the latch on and two holding the plastic piece to the arm rest.

After you take the plastic piece off, you'll see where it was holding the fabric that was folded over in the arm rest. I peeled it off slowly, and afterwards I got the residue off with goo gone.

Next, lay the top of the arm rest on the underside of the fabric, and lightly trace it.

After you've traced it, go out about another 1.5-2" ( just to make sure you have enough fabric to fold over into the arm rest.

I personally started folding over to test fit, and I cut the excess.

Just like with any other fabric and adhesive, spray it LIGHTLY, and give it a few minutes to tack up.

Slowly position the top of the arm rest on the underside of the fabric, and flip it over. Use your hand to lightly push any bubbles that you can see, out. (if you do this quick enough, you may be able to lift the fabric back up, and lay it back down to get rid of the bubbles).

Once you have the top situated, test fit the sides again, and spray the adhesive on the flaps that are hanging around the arm rest.

(You may have to cut a little on the corners so there aren't big folds and creases.)

Again, let it tack up and slowly start folding the edges over.

Push the bubbles out, trim if you need to, and voila! You've covered your arm rest.

I kept the old arm rest fabric, and the shift boot, just in case I want to go back to how it was before.

I wish I had pics, but alas, I do not.

Hope this helped [emoji51]

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I took the arm rest off, and underneath there's 4 screws, Two holding the latch on and two holding the plastic piece to the arm rest.

After you take the plastic piece off, you'll see where it was holding the fabric that was folded over in the arm rest. I peeled it off slowly, and afterwards I got the residue off with goo gone.

Next, lay the top of the arm rest on the underside of the fabric, and lightly trace it.

After you've traced it, go out about another 1.5-2" ( just to make sure you have enough fabric to fold over into the arm rest.

Just like with any other fabric and adhesive, spray it LIGHTLY, and give it a few minutes to tack up.

Slowly position the top of the arm rest on the underside of the fabric, and flip it over. Use your hand to lightly push any bubbles that you can see, out. (if you do this quick enough, you may be able to lift the fabric back up, and lay it back down to get rid of the bubbles).

Once you have the top situated, test fit the sides again, and spray the adhesive on the flaps that are hanging around the arm rest.

(You may have to cut a little on the corners so there aren't big folds and creases.)

Push the bubbles out, trim if you need to, and voila! You've covered your arm rest.

I kept the old arm rest fabric, and the shift boot, just in case I want to go back to how it was before.

Thats pretty much it. Reupholstering the armrests is really easy and self explanatory if you just examine it. I personally added some padding under my vinyl for added comfort.

jakeeton1002

Respected
Thats pretty much it. Reupholstering the armrests is really easy and self explanatory if you just examine it. I personally added some padding under my vinyl for added comfort.
Well... I may have to re-reupholster... Lol The padding is a good idea!

oh man thanks so much im going to use your guide when i go to do this thanks for sharing!

rich_rolla

Nice find wish mine was that nice!!! Maybe one day but definitely now today! How much did u give him for the car?

rich_rolla

What do you want for the exhaust tip I have a factory muffler for it on my 97 hatch I want to get rid of!!! I don't know if u have seen my post but I have a 97 hatch with a salvage title I bought for $1,300 with a knocking motor and bought a motor from the junk yard put it in the car it was knocking and would barely run so I tried to take it back and they wouldn't let me told me it wasn't the motor they sold me... So I got assed out $450 so I took my original motor apart and rebuilt it from the ground up I have a b18a1 in my 93 integra I am going to put in it when I get a chance but I have about $3500 in mine like it sits and it's far from me being able to put it on the road in ha because it has a salvaged title from another state so I have to fix all that's wrong with it and put it through inspection so I'll likely have to put another grand in it or so before its road ready!!! Good find though if u wanna sell that tip or do some trading let me know

jakeeton1002

Respected
What do you want for the exhaust tip I have a factory muffler for it on my 97 hatch I want to get rid of!!! I don't know if u have seen my post but I have a 97 hatch with a salvage title I bought for $1,300 with a knocking motor and bought a motor from the junk yard put it in the car it was knocking and would barely run so I tried to take it back and they wouldn't let me told me it wasn't the motor they sold me... So I got assed out $450 so I took my original motor apart and rebuilt it from the ground up I have a b18a1 in my 93 integra I am going to put in it when I get a chance but I have about $3500 in mine like it sits and it's far from me being able to put it on the road in ha because it has a salvaged title from another state so I have to fix all that's wrong with it and put it through inspection so I'll likely have to put another grand in it or so before its road ready!!! Good find though if u wanna sell that tip or do some trading let me know
uploadfromtaptalk1458062590577.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1458062598801.jpg
The exhaust tip is pretty rusty. Have you tried looking at the 'aftermarket' tips at like Advance Auto or Autozone? Where are you located?