Grinding sound when engine turns over

emanuel.landeros

Hi this is the first time I do this so I hope I'm doing it right!
So my civic has been making a type of grinding sound when I turn the engine over, it sounds very similar to the grinding sound the car makes when you crank the engine while the engine is already on. For a little more history, I just finished doing a head gasket change on it when it started doing that sound. Would anyone know what it could be?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900AZ using Tapatalk

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
So the sound it is making is the same sound it makes when you hit the STARTER while the engine is already running?

dancam

Registered VIP
Check if you re-installed the starter correctly. Loose bolts/wires...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manderson

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How old is the starter? Like others said, double and triple check all your connections.. Then go old school on it. Give it a few gentle taps with a hammer and see if it goes away. No telling what kind of moisture or whatever may have got in there if it's an old starter. Could be an intermittent short of some kind. If the hammer taps work, go ahead and replace the starter soon anyway. Probably on its way out.

emanuel.landeros

Thanks for your help guys. So yous belive it's nothing internal? Because basically the sound sounds like when you turn the key to start the car while the car is already on. If that better describes the sound for yous

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900AZ using Tapatalk