Grounding Issue?

fd59

Car: 2001 Civic EX 4cyl (Auto) D17A2 - 240,000mi

Intro:
I have had this car for the past 7 years & 100,00mi. Just last summer ~2000 mi ago, I personally replaced battery, head gasket, water pump, cam and crank shaft position sensors, front control arms, brakes, and rotors and new tires. This work was done to hand over a safe and reliable first car to my daughter.
Except for a small event a couple of weeks ago where she rear ended a truck that bent her radiator (hit the tow hitch on the truck) everything has been as expected - reliable and uneventful until this past week when she had to leave the car at school because it would not start.

Initial Problem Description:
To make a long story short: the engine will "Turn Over" but would not run. I felt like there was a grounding issue, but the two grounding locations (Battery & Thermostat Housing) were secure.

Discoveries:
- When i went to check for ECU codes there were none.
- When the Bluetooth Code Reader is connected to the car it will crank and run fine.
- When I disconnect the Code Reader it will not crank.
- When the engine is running and I disconnect the Code reader the engine dies.

Issues that are occurring that I don't think are related, but could be:
- The temp gauge works intermittently - Has for the past couple of years.
- I had a couple of window motors go out in the past year (Front Passenger Side & Rear Driver Side)

Question(s):
- Still sounds like a grounding issue. So is there a grounding test guide located anywhere or does anyone know of where and how I should check for ground issues?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mack