GSR cranks but won't start: No spark

H22aEg

5+ Year Member
Hey guess I have a rebuilt gsr motor and this is the first time its gonna turn on but its not cranking over now everything is all brand new wires plugs dizzy everything and I'm hearing my fuel pump and I'm getting fuel in the fuel rail. The motor sounds its wants to kick over but nothing yet and could i try using maybe starting fluid thanks guys for your help

Deezy

silent partner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Have you Checked for spark??? Also, set your ignition and mechanical timing correctly??

H22aEg

5+ Year Member
Timing should be fine cylinder 1 was top dead center fire order is right can gears are pointing same direction and no I'm not getting spark

Deezy

silent partner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok, read the check for spark link in the above post, for possible solutions....

H22aEg

5+ Year Member
Thanks. Ok I read it and it helps little but what I'm still confused is that my coil rotor igniter is all brand new never used and I'm gonna look into the ign switch and also if my battery is relocated in the back would that effect it

H22aEg

5+ Year Member
The pos is connection is good but my ground cable is connected where the strut is where it holds on that nutis where my ground is

Pocket_eh

Ordering Civic HB Parts
5+ Year Member
check the firing order could be wrong. and sand down your grounded area. could help. and check the transmission ground.