GSR Obd1 / Obd2

mindlessadven

I have a obd1 p72 head and an obd2 b18c1 block. I know you can run them together but just have a few questions.. Will I need an obd2 alt. and starter, and then an obd1 'dizzy'? Also, which harness if the most simple route to go to put into my car and which ecu would i use (obd1 or 2 gsr ecu)? I have a 93 SI current swapped with an obd2 LS. Thank you.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
I have a obd1 p72 head and an obd2 b18c1 block. I know you can run them together but just have a few questions.. Will I need an obd2 alt. and starter, and then an obd1 'dizzy'? Also, which harness if the most simple route to go to put into my car and which ecu would i use (obd1 or 2 gsr ecu)? I have a 93 SI current swapped with an obd2 LS. Thank you.
obd2 just has additional sensors mounted on to the block the block is same

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
Would an obd2 gsr harness work or other vtec motor harness? because obd1 gsr is near impossible to find un cut up
yes, you maybe try to use integra harness since that also a 2 piece. but not a guarantee a perfect plug n play cause the integra harness could have things pinned in different spots. you must use stock harness for your car not from any other model if you want it to virtually be wiring free/hassle. any general rule of thumb for doing swaps in genera is to always try and use the harness for the chassis and not the motor. thats where you'll find least amount of problem and work needed to be done