Hitomi: Szadys Fiji FG2

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ive been MIA for a long while...and for good reason. I didn't have a Civic anymore...just a CR-V, and I've just been busy rebuilding my life. Well, now...I have good reason to be back (and not because you said so, Shaun...). Here's my new ride...

2007 Civic Si
96k miles, ONE previous owner, CLEAN car fax...

This is LEGIT the cleanest used Si Ive seen...Minus the (painted on...) racing stripes...this car is MINT. I'm in the process of trying to figure a way to remove the ugly ass stripes...ugh... Car is 100% STOCK...for now.

More pictures to come as I get around to it... :lol:

IMG_1539-1.JPG IMG_1540.JPG

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:welcome: to ClubCivic! :lol:

Good stuff Ryan! 96k is only breaking her in haha. Previous owner needs to be punched for putting the stripes on, though.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Welcome back!

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Welcome back, homie.

Is it a home rattle can paint job on top of the clear coat? If so, you may have a shot and sanding it off, wet-sanding the complete panels, and polish & waxing it.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
nice car, i agree, those stripes are total s**t and makes it look like s**t, i hope you find a way to remove that s**t.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Welcome back man!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The stripes look like they were done somewhat properly...but..Im going to try and wet sand a small part of it and see what happens.

The car was owned by a lady in her mid 40's or so, so I can't figure out why she would ever think about putting PAINTED stripes on... If they were vinyl stripes, I would have taken them off by now...

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Perhaps it was a Menopausal life crisis decision. I wouldve asked her.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Welcome back. More pics?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Any chance its plasti dip? A little lacquer thinner might take em off

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It doesn't feel nor look like plastidip.... I'm going to try wet sanding with 2000 sandpaper and see what happens.

More pics tomorrow [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
As requested... Washed and waxed

Last edited:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Goddamn those f**king stripes bro!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yea you're telling me. I mean, they look a ton better in person than in pictures but...they still suck.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yea you're telling me. I mean, they look a ton better in person than in pictures but...they still suck.

It could always be worse

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So, made some progress. Used lacquer thinner and got the stripe off. It messed up the paint underneath it but, that was because I used a harsh rag on it. I think after using a microfiber, and maybe wet sanding with 2000 grit then a good buff, it'll look brand new. It's just going to take forever... Most of it will have to wait until spring time because it's getting cold out... But at least I know they are removable. [emoji106][emoji106]

dancam

Registered VIP
Depends what grit they finished it with before painting the stripes. Hopefully they finished with 800grit and you can go with 1000 then 2000 then buff out just with an electric polisher and #1 followed by #2 polish. Lacquer thinner shouldnt have done anything to the clear. Its probably just what they sanded in order to paint the stripes that your seeing.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No, it was the rag I used because the scratches are correspondent to the way I was rubbing the rag on the paint. To be honest, it looks like they didn't even sand the paint down at all when they painted them on... I can almost chip them off with my finger nail...