H22 euro SiR into '99 civic ex sedan

lucasfackler1

I'm wondering what all is needed to swap a H22 euro sir & lsd transmission into a 1999 honda civic ex with a sohc D16Y8 vtec in it any advice?

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I shortened your title because it was way too long.

Google Civic H22 swap and you'll have your answers. How many doors the car has makes no difference because its the same process. If or when youve done research already then state your findings and refine your questioning.

Last edited:

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
i can help you with that

you'll need swap axles, prelude or accord manual shifter box, mount kits i recommend hasport or innovative brand i have used both are good in terms of axle angles and ground clearance. need a 99-00 civic EX/SI vtec harness, wiring is pretty simple extend all the alternator wires. you'll also need resistor box jdm h22 and euro r uses 310cc peak and hold injectors from factory.
your gonna need to cut and modify the body abit. need to make a hole in the firewall for the shift cables to go through. you'll also need a OBD2B to obd1 step down harness and obd1 p72/p28/p06 oryou cause use obd1 p13 ecu. you can also use the stock ecu as long as its a obd2b. also as a side note 96-98 are obd2a and 99 and up are obd2b( ecu plugs are different between the two). if you need more info let me know i have ton of info

Last edited by a moderator:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There you go. Word from our resident city H22 guru.

leroyaguilar43

i can help you with that

you'll need swap axles, prelude or accord manual shifter box, mount kits i recommend hasport or innovative brand i have used both are good in terms of axle angles and ground clearance. need a 99-00 civic EX/SI vtec harness, wiring is pretty simple extend all the alternator wires. you'll also need resistor box jdm h22 and euro r uses 310cc peak and hold injectors from factory.
your gonna need to cut and modify the body abit. need to make a hole in the firewall for the shift cables to go through. you'll also need a OBD2B to obd1 step down harness and obd1 p72/p28/p06 oryou cause use obd1 p13 ecu. you can also use the stock ecu as long as its a obd2b. also as a side note 96-98 are obd2a and 99 and up are obd2b( ecu plugs are different between the two). if you need more info let me know i have ton of info
That's all you do to do harness? Is extend the wires for the alternator? I'm think of doing the swap but I need some info on the wiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
That's all you do to do harness? Is extend the wires for the alternator? I'm think of doing the swap but I need some info on the wiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yea pretty much, and might have to for the reverse sensor also. simple wiringing

briggs corry

Respected
90-00 integra passenger axle
90-00 integra driver axle
94-97 half shaft with driver cv cup
(You can use prelude also but accord is cheaper and easier to locate)

Yonaka motor mounts work just fine for $120 w/ 90-97 accord f22 vtec t-bracket

Run the alternator power wire along the core support through the inside of the passenger fender (cleaner look)

Extend the 4 wire alternator plug, highly suggest going to a junkyard and cutting a good length

Ebay sells a dizzy that has the square plug. I recommend changing the ignitor with oem and your good.

I recommend a traction bar even if its a ebay one for $120. Eg, dc, ek all the same.

Shifting cables
2 ways to run it.

Under your heater core is a rubber cover
Or
Remove your srs (air bag ecu and the bracket) drill through(i highly recommend this)

Shifter, id stay away from the plastic box(97-01 preludes) and go with the metal shifter from the 92-96 preludes.

Or run a ktuned billet box or rsx plastic box with cables and ktuned conversion bushings.

Obd2-1 jumper harness

P28 ecu

Phearable basemap to get to a tuner.

If more ppl are interested hmu or post and ill take some time for pics

Attachments

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
also its easier to disassamble the metal shifter box then the plastic one. I have my shift cables going thru stock hole that my heater core goes thru, but thats if your running without heatercore in the car.