h22 in a 4th gen

trace01m

E thug.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
budget_crx said:
SCC put one in a CRX using hasport mounts, juiced it and it still only ran a 13.5. Its a cool swap, but thats about it. Performance for the money, its not worth it

Yeah, but Sport Compact Car isn't the best bunch of technical monkeys, either. Though Hasport had their own driver I don't think they had all the kinks worked out yet. I think with a turbo and some well thought out bolt ons it'll be pretty quick.

And it should make some good torque, i hope!

90B16Ed

At Your Mom's House
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im sorry but wasnt it sport compact car who recently had an artcile on hasports k20 swapped crx and only ran a 14. i mean i could be wrong but im pretty sure thats right. either way my point is i dont think they are very good drivers............ atleast in the drag.

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
90B16Ed said:
im sorry but wasnt it sport compact car who recently had an artcile on hasports k20 swapped crx and only ran a 14. i mean i could be wrong but im pretty sure thats right. either way my point is i dont think they are very good drivers............ atleast in the drag.
either they had a very shitty driver, or you read it wrong...

the k20 makes well over 200hp and gobs of torque compared to a D series motor. turbo D CRXs that only make 200hp are hitting mid 13s in the 1/4. im positive that the K would do better than that

trace01m

E thug.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
90B16Ed said:
I haven't seen the K20 in a CRX yet, but I know they just recently ran an H22 crx. Basically stock it ran a mid 13. Don't know the exact number cuz I sold the issue a while back.

With the K20 I am sure they would run at least 13.5 or less. The gearing might help a lot on that. But that swap is very cost restrictive right now, as there aren't very many engines availiable yet. Once it's been out a little longer we can look forward to more JDM motor making their way to us at lower prices.

90B16Ed

At Your Mom's House
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it looks just like pacman's. i know the k20 should be alot faster in the 1/4 mile then scc ran. again though my point is if they cant even get a k series into the 13's and they only get a h22 into the 13's because of nitrous, i mean you cant take they're driving seriously.

rexman

hondas for life
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
putting an engine like that in a crx is going to destroy your handling capabilities. im not saying to not go for it but youll probably be looking at a car that really will only be good in a strait line

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok obviously he said he was wanting to do the h22 swap bc he found one for CHEAP, and he wanted to be different. so, that definatly rules out k swaps and hype r's. silentmist, you should read more and post less.

swap an h22 into your hatch. its not a huge deal. a friend of mine has had hype r swaps, turbo d's, whatever....and refuses to do them anymore. he will own nothing put an h22 swap. he likes the weight difference, and swears it handles BETTER than b swaps. he's no ignorant honda builder either, i will just say that. understeer CAN be a helpful thing.....

depending on how good of a driver you are, 13s are definatly feasable with a stock h22 with boltons.

but, when it comes to boost, a stock h22 is NOT the platform of choice, however it can and has been done a million times. on a medium sized turbo, 7psi is a good expectation. h22 sleeves do NOT love boost, and cannot take as much abuse as say a gsr.

i say do it. but plan it out before hand and know what you are getting into as far as the installation.

90B16Ed

At Your Mom's House
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok so it was the ultimate sports car challenge 2006, and that k20 had 381 hp on the juice. so i guess it had tons of wheel spin. ok thats a good reason to run so badly, but they did get three runs and that was the best of the three runs.

that hasport k20 was also a time attack car and only pulled a .96g on the skidpad, (not bad) but the daily driven h22 crx pulled a 1.03g on the skidpad. so i mean i guees one could say that the h22 crx might not be as bad as everyone makes it seem. sorry to add to the fire but im only showing the facts.

trace01m

E thug.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
90B16Ed said:
ok so it was the ultimate sports car challenge 2006, and that k20 had 381 hp on the juice. so i guess it had tons of wheel spin. ok thats a good reason to run so badly, but they did get three runs and that was the best of the three runs.

that hasport k20 was also a time attack car and only pulled a .96g on the skidpad, (not bad) but the daily driven h22 crx pulled a 1.03g on the skidpad. so i mean i guees one could say that the h22 crx might not be as bad as everyone makes it seem. sorry to add to the fire but im only showing the facts.
That car actually didn't have the K20. It was a K24 with a K20 head.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
their was some vid I saw of a guy who put a stock k20a in a eg, and he ran 12's.