H22 to EG wiring harness issue

Travis wylie

Im trying to make it work with the euro r h22 harness.. I keep getting talked into using the engine harness. I do have a h22a4 distributor that I could get a jumper for and try to use?

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
The a4 is obd2 distributor your also gonna need to add on external crank angle sensor obd1 from a1 has all the sensor inside as one unit

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
If you want the euro r to work you'll have to convert your car to obd2 can't use obd2 harness in a obd1 chassis without converting to one or the other

Travis wylie

Diana im just curious! At the end of the distributor plug, which is a 10 pin connector, where would it plug into on a eg harness?

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
Diana im just curious! At the end of the distributor plug, which is a 10 pin connector, where would it plug into on a eg harness?
they have a adapter for the 2 plug to 10 pin and same one for the 8pin distubutor i have a 8 pin dizzy from the prelude

Travis wylie

Well the baby ain't running yet but i finally got her moved to my housr where I can get it running. I'm finally taking the old harness off the engine and getting an eg harness. Also, I decided to convert the ek front end half job the previous owners did back to eg.

Attachments

Travis wylie

Well we got it running! Crazy luck I guess. Went to pick your parts and got a 95 eg coupe harness for 20 bucks!! Lol
Made my own harness. Used obd2 alt, obd1 distributor, had to lengthen and modify sensors but it works! Tried to upload a stock prelude base map onto my s300 v3 and it runs good sometimes.

Travis wylie

I
20$ damn that's cheap being thst I paid 60$ for a harness for my Ek. You should do some datalogging, you have widebandin your car?
That's what I said! Lol i put a stock h22 base map on it and it ran good for a while now it has idle issues in neutral. No wideband all stock for now