Haha Ford Focus

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes I'm just going to continue my thread from other rides in this section since it seems like the appropriate place since I am slowly building the car into something more my style. Old thread from members rides http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/my-blue-ford-focus.226339/

Well it's been since december since I've posted any updates on the car and a little bit has changed. only a few longer projects so far.

This is how she sat as of before all my changes in mostly stock form aside from a couple trinkets.

After the weather warmed up a bit I swapped back my OEM summer wheels as well as installed a Boomba bov in black and the CPE stage 2 RMM on the vehicle while it was up in the air since the turbo is near the firewall and behind the passenger side tire. No pictures of the bov install and I just have this blurry image of the CPE it's quite a bit stiffer and anything below 5mph will vibrate the car quite a bit but it's a lot nicer for shifting. totally changes the clutch feel as well.

The BOV is very loud and a bit douchey but it's fun for now. I may go back to a BPV if i get sick of it or perhaps something not quite as silly.

Up next I had a short shifter and shifter bushings also from boomba that I installed on the car. The ford shifter is a pita and it took a few hours to get it out of the car and broken down enough to replace the shift arm.

After a little break and another weekend I decided to tackle the Boomba wing risers by myself. I'm sure it would of been much easier with a 2nd set of hands but I wanted to see it on the car and managed to get it done just fine using some ropes to hold the hatch half open while I put it on. I really like the look it's pretty cool vs oem.

got some chrome amber turn bulbs for the rear lights to get rid of the ugly bulb reflections.

I'm working on the front end of the car currently I could hardly believe how many screws and plastic clips are holding that front bumper on. finally got the bumper off and there's just a blob of shrouds and plastic junk in the way. The car also has active grill shutters (who knows why) that won't be staying for long.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
What are you doing with the front end?

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got a bigger intercooler and i'm changing the oem grill and doing some other stuff that i had saved up for when i pulled it off.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:like:

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Stock
Core Dimensions:
26" x 6.25" x 2.5"
Core Volume:
406.25 in³

CPE Core Dimensions:
28" x 8.25" x 5.5"
Core Volume:
1270.5 in³
Core Type:
Bar & Plate

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice!

Im sure Cobb has a bolt on replacement turbo and tuning upgrade if you decide to go that far.

That bigger core might induce a little lag, but in4updates

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

So much crap on the front of the car. The plastic crash bar cover was held on by two screws you can see the little plastic holes they go into on this picture above here. I also got a couple hella supertone just the 133db onesand though that would be a good spot to put them

the horns were easy to install I removed the factory ones that used to live below the passenger headlight and extended the wiring through the front crash bar and out some of the holes on the front there.

I removed the OEM grill from the front bumper for some modifying that I had planned.

Morimoto xB LED fog lights installed pretty easy

The intercooler was easy to put on. I had all the hardware required and the brackets that came with the intercooler bolted up to factory locations. No cutting was needed. I still do need to aim these fog lights though. The horn brackets did screw into the crash bar like I had hoped but it wasn't a tight screw so they were drooping down. Fixed their height with a couple big zip ties and they've been holding up just fine.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Are you planning to do a headlight retrofit?
I already have some done they were just fogging up so they're off the car at the moment while I decide if I just want to reseal them or fiddle with the insides.

bairdandrew77

I like your "a bit douchey" review on your bov. But really, nice car you have there. I test drove one a while ago and loved it much more than the new civic si and mazdaspeed3

bairdandrew77

^^
Wait till the RS finally arrives! Im waiting to drive that one
Now that will be a fun car to drive! I'm still waiting for an opportunity to drive an sti and evo, dealerships tend to get suspicious if you want to test drive their best cars without a credit check.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
these dealerships need to quit acting like its an Aston MArtin or Bentley dealership and let the customers try out the product.

But you show up driving a 90's modded civic with a shocker sticker and they automatically know what the deal is.

EDIT: I test drove a Nissan NV200 workvan and they didnt even ask for my licence. I know a work van and a hot hatch are different things, but i guess pre judging the customer is still in effect.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
there's a lot of crappy people out there who test stuff out. lots of motorcycle places around here won't let you test bikes out unless you pass a credit check and are serious about actually buying the bike.

i put about 2 miles on my car before i bought it, barely accelerated on the interstate but that got me up to speed and i was happy with it. i don't like having to floor it just to anywhere.

i dunno if they'd let me test out the rs if i show up to the dealer with a bunch of aftermarket stuff on my year old car. lol.

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wait a cotton picken minute... You didn't text me any of these other pics ya stingy bastage! Now you're gonna make me subscribe to this and clog up my email. Shame on you!

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
nice, st's are f**king badass.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So this is what the oem grill looks like up close. There's a solid plastic beam across the back of the grill that hids the crash bar and it's cover.

people thought to maybe dremel out each of the holes to open it up but there's another easier way that is very simple. you simply sand it off from the back side of the grill. I left the two side pieces still solid and here's the grill back on the car after being opened up in the middle

I think it looks pretty cool. I had some problems with the upper shroud folding up over the top part of the radiator since before the solid back prevented air from blowing it up. fixed with 3 tiny zip ties you can't hardly see unless you get close.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Can you not paint the horns black?

The spoiler risers look cool as hell :thumbs up

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Can you not paint the horns black?

The spoiler risers look cool as hell :thumbs up
I can paint them the red part is just metal, I was thinking about painting the crash bar black at least next time i have the front all pulled off.

side profile of the car with the risers and fin antenna. the front window visors don't stick out very much either.

I think next i may get a light tint or something on the car maybe over the whitish plastic on the mirrors and 3rd brake light.