Half din equalizer install location?

Joe Mason

Respected
Registered VIP
Hi, I'm building out my stereo this weekend. Going to use a double din Pioneer receiver. Looking for thoughts on where to install my 1/2 din equalizer. Was thinking about the center console cubby area in front of the cup holders but it's too small as it is. Has anyone else installed a half din eq and if you have where is it and what sort of modifications did you need to make? I am prepared to cut the console up a little to make it work but just wanted to ask first. Thanks for your help in advance.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
We need a little info from you, do you own a 99-00 or a 96-98? You can't install a double din in a 96-98 so I'm assuming you have 99-00 civic, if so you can install the 96-98 cup holders and single din to install the eq behind the cup holder lid

Joe Mason

Respected
Registered VIP
Sorry I didn't specify but yes, 99. Already committed to a double din unit. Gonna try to modify the cup holder unit. I'll throw up some pics when I'm done.

Joe Mason

Respected
Registered VIP
Here's what I'm working towards. The top third of the console pops off. The EQ can sit on that and be secured with a heavy duty zip tie. Once the rest of the console pieces are in place it's not too ghetto looking.

Attachments

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice that looks alot better than it would with the 96-98 cupholders. i just really hate the cupholders in the 99-00 but i love the big cubby hole, i hate how even the left cup holder is to larger for almost every drink so they tip over when you get on it.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice that looks alot better than it would with the 96-98 cupholders. i just really hate the cupholders in the 99-00 but i love the big cubby hole, i hate how even the left cup holder is to larger for almost every drink so they tip over when you get on it.
amen to that. isn't there some kind of insert for the passenger side cupholder on the 99-00? If so, I've never seen one except in illustrations

Joe Mason

Respected
Registered VIP
Omg yes the cup holders are worthless for any drink. Especially now right in front on the eq haha.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I finished the install yesterday. Eq looks good on console and the system sounds amazing.
That just looks ghetto. You should modify the upper piece you removed to fill the current gap around the EQ so it looks clean & well done.

Joe Mason

Respected
Registered VIP
That just looks ghetto. You should modify the upper piece you removed to fill the current gap around the EQ so it looks clean & well done.
A little ghetto yes, but it was simple to just pop the top portion of the console off and secure it there. It fits pretty tight considering I didn't do any fabrication. I'm happy. The sound is insane.