10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
just dont hook em up, they are kinda ghey

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You don't need to hook them up, the rings come on by themselves from the reflected light when you turn your lights on. You wont be able to see it during the day but you will at night or when its dark.

projektej8

-------------------------
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
why would you pay all that money for those?

MadPeach* 98 Lx

5+ Year Member
You don't need to hook them up, the rings come on by themselves from the reflected light when you turn your lights on. You wont be able to see it during the day but you will at night or when its dark.
^^ I have never heard of that. Me and a couple of my friends all have halos and they had there own power source so you could see them day or night. Its been a long time since i have installed them but i believe i tapped them in to my parking lights power source.

MadPeach* 98 Lx

5+ Year Member
why would you pay all that money for those?
^^^ I agree... For one they are nothing but trouble. me and my friends have had nothing but trouble with the halos and leds going out. Also if you get HIDs with a temp over 8K then the projector lenses will burn the inside of your lens which over time will turn them yellow.

Alpha.kx

5+ Year Member
Hey, I'm going to help you =)

I have had halos for about three years now with no problems. The wiring is not difficult.

The best and easiest way to hook up your halos is to splice them into your parking light. This way, whenever you turn your lights on one click to parking lights, only your halos (or your turn signal area too) will light up. Then, whether you turn on your lights all the way, either with low or high beams, both halos will be on.

When you open your hood, take a look at the wires running down to the turn signal bulb. You'll see red, green, and red. The green wire is the one you want to splice your halos into. The halo wires themselves are the super-thin wires set apart from the wires running into the plug.

Just a little nomenclature for you to help you understand the installation process: the black box you plug your headlights into is called a "pig butt." - To hook up your wires for your halos, you have to hook up your either your positive or negative halo wire INSIDE the pig butt and your other wire onto the green turn signal wire. The pig butt has three or four clips on it that are easily opened with a flathead screwdriver. Inside you will see metal connectors where the pig butt connects into the car's wiring.

I honestly can't remember if the negative or positives go into the pig butt of vice versa. Just guess and check, it can only be one of two ways =)

knivesout

¬ µ ∫ ç π
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^^ I agree... For one they are nothing but trouble. me and my friends have had nothing but trouble with the halos and leds going out. Also if you get HIDs with a temp over 8K then the projector lenses will burn the inside of your lens which over time will turn them yellow.
What?

With kelvin temperatures over 4300k, you are just losing light (and subsequent heat, I would imagine) the higher up you go. Also, I don't think HIDs produce any more heat than standard halogen bulbs...

I agree, IDK why someone would pay so much for those headlights. But regarding the OP's question, I believe the halos have wires that you need to splice into your parking lights. I can't say for sure, I've never owned or worked on them, that's just what I've read in similar threads.

xx2000CIVICxx

5+ Year Member
Hey, I'm going to help you =)

I have had halos for about three years now with no problems. The wiring is not difficult.

The best and easiest way to hook up your halos is to splice them into your parking light. This way, whenever you turn your lights on one click to parking lights, only your halos (or your turn signal area too) will light up. Then, whether you turn on your lights all the way, either with low or high beams, both halos will be on.

When you open your hood, take a look at the wires running down to the turn signal bulb. You'll see red, green, and red. The green wire is the one you want to splice your halos into. The halo wires themselves are the super-thin wires set apart from the wires running into the plug.

Just a little nomenclature for you to help you understand the installation process: the black box you plug your headlights into is called a "pig butt." - To hook up your wires for your halos, you have to hook up your either your positive or negative halo wire INSIDE the pig butt and your other wire onto the green turn signal wire. The pig butt has three or four clips on it that are easily opened with a flathead screwdriver. Inside you will see metal connectors where the pig butt connects into the car's wiring.

I honestly can't remember if the negative or positives go into the pig butt of vice versa. Just guess and check, it can only be one of two ways =)
red, green, and red?

i have 1 red, 1 green, and 2 blacks.
when i tried this it didn't work
the green is blinker, is it not?
and red is constant for the light?

The Rude HB

5+ Year Member
I hooked my Halo's up with an auxiliary switch. so that I can turn them on seperate from the headlights. I'll post up pics later, right now I disconnected them because Im still putting my car back together.

DocShay

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Also if you get HIDs with a temp over 8K then the projector lenses will burn the inside of your lens which over time will turn them yellow.
Uh, no.

8k, 10k, 12k, etc etc all throw out the same amount of heat. (And if there is a difference in heat, its so low it will not effect anything) Its just a different color. That being said HIDS to produce more heat than halogens, but where the main issue lies with HID KITS is the fact the bulbs are very long compared to halogens, therefor much much closer to the headlamp cover. Any decent headlamp should not melt or disfigure, but there is the occasional one that will - but its very, very uncommon.

I know for a fact on my projector headlamps with the HIDS on, there is a hotspot on the headlamp and hot to touch. But I have not had any melting or disfigurement.

When it doubt..retrofit.

Oh, as for installation of the halos. 3 differnt ways you can hook them up. Well actually 4, possibly more.

On the headlight harness you will see 3 female plugs on the adaptor, if looking directly at it if memory serves me correct the top one is for headlights, the right one is for DRL/Highbeam and the left one is for parking lights. Tap into whichever one you want. I chose my DRL, since I have HIDs hooked up I have no use for my highbeams, so they just come on with my DRL.

4th way is running a a new power cable from your battery, to inside your dash on a switch, then run it to the halos. Remember to use a fuse if you do this.

CivicMafia

5+ Year Member
I have halos on my honda... Cough and i cut the wires and took the halos out so my hid would look better.

Or i guess you should say HAD