Hans - The VW CC (slow build thread inside)

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Meet Hans, the 2010 Shadow Blue Metallic CC Sport. Got him for $15500 out the door, and he is equipped with a 2.0T (200hp with 210 lb-ft), 6 speed transmission, black leather interior. I decided it was time to get a more "mature" vehicle for a daily (still have the Civic and the R6) but this one will be going a different route. My plan is to do a classy VIP build. Air suspension, 19" wheels (thinking about Rotiform BLQ or VIP Modular VRC13, maybe even Alphards if I can rock 18s), wrapping interior in carbon fiber, engine bay in carbon fiber and chrome.... yada yada (maybe a starlight headliner? :shock:).

After getting use to it, I am absolutely IN LOVE with this car. It is so comfortable, classy looking (I get looked at with this car, and it's stock!), pretty quick (it's faster than my Civic :cry: :oops:), recieve lots of compliments, has a TON of luxury features, and I think I will have the only blue modified manual CC in the state which is pretty cool.

Here he is! Hopefully he'll be good to me on the dark side of the import world :twisted: (and if anyone has an "Idiot's Guide to VAG-COM", feel free to help a sista out!).

Enjoy! :D

The day I brought him home:

Before wash and wax (the detailers at the dealership did an AWFUL job):

After detail!

I ordered some LED license plate and puddle lights. They were supposed to come in yesterday but they didn't :x So next weekend I'll put those in.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Finally :D lookin good

Post up some examples of this "starlight headliner"

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Much better. Got the wrong bulbs for the puddle lights apparently (and I have to disassemble the mirrors, so not stoked about that).

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lil different flavor goin on here, I'll bite. Let's see where this goes. Make it good ;)

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lil different flavor goin on here, I'll bite. Let's see where this goes. Make it good ;)
That's the plan! I ordered some carbon fiber wrap to do the interior panels.

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That's the plan! I ordered some carbon fiber wrap to do the interior panels.
I'm down for that. Let's see it. If it looks good enough, maybe I'll do the door inserts, arm rest, head liner or something crazy on the coupe.

Subscribing to this now.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm down for that. Let's see it. If it looks good enough, maybe I'll do the door inserts, arm rest, head liner or something crazy on the coupe.

Subscribing to this now.
I would like to do black suede headliner and A pillars but rumor has it the windshield needs to be pulled in order to get the headliner off :shock:

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know....

I'm trying to research management systems for air ride. I'm not sure what the difference is between them other than the speed(?) and convenience.

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I know....

I'm trying to research management systems for air ride. I'm not sure what the difference is between them other than the speed(?) and convenience.
Friend of mine has Air Lift on his new(er) Mustang. He loves it. It actually rides REALLY nice and he drops that b***h to the floor. He's featured on their site

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Friend of mine has Air Lift on his new(er) Mustang. He loves it. It actually rides REALLY nice and he drops that b**** to the floor. He's featured on their site

That's awesome! I'm on Bag Riders and they have a good FAQ page that kind of explains it.

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yea, there's a lot of different stuff to be learned here :lol:

I'm seeing Analog, Manual, and Digital kits. Apparently maintenance is really only draining water out of a tank (if you have a compressor, you're already familiar with this)

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yea, there's a lot of different stuff to be learned here :lol:

I'm seeing Analog, Manual, and Digital kits. Apparently maintenance is really only draining water out of a tank (if you have a compressor, you're already familiar with this)
Never done that.

I feel like Digital is what I would be most happy with. Then I could have presets instead of trying to figure out where I want it to sit every time.

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Never done that.

I feel like Digital is what I would be most happy with. Then I could have presets instead of trying to figure out where I want it to sit every time.
It's like, taking a threaded plug out of a tank. The pressure pushes it off, there's a huge, loud WHOOSH and then after a few minutes, plug it back up, done.

Digital is obviously the easiest, and most expensive. Luxury at its finest :thumbs up

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's like, taking a threaded plug out of a tank. The pressure pushes it off, there's a huge, loud WHOOSH and then after a few minutes, plug it back up, done.

Digital is obviously the easiest, and most expensive. Luxury at its finest :thumbs up
Ughh this stuff is crazy.