Hard starting problem when cold

blackdemon88

Should I bring the coil inside and test it or leave it in the distributor. I thought that the outside air has something to do with the readings I'll get. Thankyou Kenneth and RonJ!!!

blackdemon88

Sorry it took so long to get back to you guys. I took the igniter in to auto zone and talked to someone who SEEMED to know a little about Honda's and he went ahead and tested it. He tested it like 15 times to make sure it was warm to the touch and it was good. I tested the coil without bringing it in the house and the primary was .67 and the secondary was 11.62 which is in the range of the specs that RonJ gave me. I take it that means I'm back to square one?

RonJ

Banned
Read information at the Spark link in my signature.

1. For the Coil test, did you determine the internal resistance of your multimeter and subtract that reading from the primary winding resistance?
  2. Your secondary winding resiistance (11.62 Ohms) is 1000-fold out of spec. Or did you mean 11,620 Ohms?

blackdemon88

Ron I didn't know I had to do that with the internal resistance on my multi meter. This may sound like a stupid question but how do I do that. And I meant my ohm meter read 1162 not 11.62 . I am not sure if I put it on the right ohm setting but I put it on the one where I got a reading. One of them was 200ohms and the other one was the 20 ohm setting on my multimeter

RonJ

Banned
Ron I didn't know I had to do that with the internal resistance on my multi meter. This may sound like a stupid question but how do I do that.
Clink and read my Spark link in my signature.

And I meant my ohm meter read 1162 not 11.62 .
1162 Ohms is out of spec, right?

I am not sure if I put it on the right ohm setting but I put it on the one where I got a reading. One of them was 200ohms and the other one was the 20 ohm setting on my multimeter
Post a picture of your multimeter. You need to choose an Ohm scale near 10,000 - 20,000 Ohms.