Has anyone changed out their PCV valve on an 05 Hybrid?

Scott L

Searching the interwebs has come up with insufficient info.

There has to be someone who has changed this part out.

dancam

Registered VIP
I went to clean mine on an 02 non hybrid. Popped the cover off and there was no valve. Nothing really to get dirty or plugged up either. Its just always open. Is the hybrid also a D17 or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott L

I went to clean mine on an 02 non hybrid. Popped the cover off and there was no valve. Nothing really to get dirty or plugged up either. Its just always open. Is the hybrid also a D17 or not?

My understanding is that is not the same engine. I already purchased the valve, so there is definitely a valve.

I did find a diagram here: http://www.collegehillshondaparts.com/auto-parts/2005/honda/civic-hybrid/mx-hybrid-trim/variable-engine/engine-cat/install-pipe-scat

But I don't know where this is located as it's not shown in relation to anything else I could identify.

Can anyone identify what E-14 is in this picture?

Scott L

Emailing back and forth with that website, they say E-14 is the Engine Block/Oil Pan section. So I guess I'll be looking at the front of the engine in the neighborhood of the oil filter.

Last edited:

dancam

Registered VIP
Ok, sorry i cant help, thats totally different than the D17

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
for the non hybrid engine there are two valves one on the valve cover and one near the oil filter at the bottom of the engine im guessing you mean the one on the valve cover. its located on the back of the valve cover with a rubber hose leading to the air intake. side note the 01-05 civics have metal PCV's and don't require replacements you just unscrew them and clean it with carb cleaner. the last generation had plastic pcv valve which required them to be replaced.

Last edited:

Scott L

for the non hybrid engine there are two valves one on the valve cover and one near the oil filter at the bottom of the engine im guessing you mean the one on the valve cover. its located on the back of the valve cover with a rubber hose leading to the air intake. side note the 01-05 civics have metal PCV's and don't require replacements you just unscrew them and clean it with carb cleaner. the last generation had plastic pcv valve which required them to be replaced.
I have a hybrid.