Has anyone else had a problem with their idler pulley on a si

Dom07rr

I think I have a bad idler pulley I hear an annoying cry sound do any of you know if that's the problem? I love my car but it's starting to piss me off. Plz help

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
It could be a lot of things. Which engine do you have? On my b16 I have 3 belts, so I just remove them one at a time until the noise goes away, then you can narrow it down from there.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Take your belt off, take the idler pulley off and spin it on your finger. If it feels or sounds rough then replace it. Spin your alternator pulley too and see if it has excessive resistance. Its most likely the idler but check everything.

Or you could run the engine with the belt off for a short time to see if the noise goes away. If it doesn't then you have to look elsewhere.

09CivicSi

Sqweaky Sqweaky Si

Hey You also may want to check your A/C Compressor Pulley, on my 09 Si The clutch bearing is going out on my compressor so it sqweaks quite a bit while heat or A/C is on and it is warm. Just a thought on something else you could check out, by the way i do work at an automotive repair shop and the new compressor runs around 850$ and there is no A/C bypass pulley available that i know of as of yet.