has anyone ever had D2 Racing springs??

civic98ek

Registered VIP
I was just curious if anyone has ever tried D2 Racing lowering springs? their like 150 for a 2in drop which seems pretty cheap and i just wanted to know if youve tried them how did they ride and how did your car sit. i dont have alotta money to spend on coilovers so i think im just going with springs. please let me know any negative or positive feedback on them. thanks.

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would also like to know.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
They are junk and completely not worth the money, at all.

For one, their website claims they will lower your car 2.5"front and 2.25" rear. That's VERY low for a lowering spring. To be that low, the spring would need to be VERY stiff. Which, I have not seen any information for spring rates for these springs. So who knows if they are made properly. The other thing with being that low is, you will definitely NEED aftermarket shocks, and very good ones at that. You can also get much better name brand lowering springs for about the same price or just a few bucks more.

If you're using OE shocks, look into Tein S.Techs, Eibach Pro-Kit, or Progress Sport Spring.

civic209

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
They are junk and completely not worth the money, at all.

For one, their website claims they will lower your car 2.5"front and 2.25" rear. That's VERY low for a lowering spring. To be that low, the spring would need to be VERY stiff. Which, I have not seen any information for spring rates for these springs. So who knows if they are made properly. The other thing with being that low is, you will definitely NEED aftermarket shocks, and very good ones at that. You can also get much better name brand lowering springs for about the same price or just a few bucks more.

If you're using OE shocks, look into Tein S.Techs, Eibach Pro-Kit, or Progress Sport Spring.
Lol whats with you and D2??

I would not go with Tein S. Techs. Its not that the ride is horrible is just that the front is higher than the back and that always annoys me. I have them on my ej6 and it bugs me all the time whenever i see it...

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lol whats with you and D2??

I would not go with Tein S. Techs. Its not that the ride is horrible is just that the front is higher than the back and that always annoys me. I have them on my ej6 and it bugs me all the time whenever i see it...
Which, I have not seen any information for spring rates for these springs. So who knows if they are made properly. You can also get much better name brand lowering springs for about the same price or just a few bucks more.
Just a couple reasons. I have nothing against the company, but there's plenty out there with loads more R&D, are more versatile and more reliable for around the same price or less than what D2 offers. So, why in the world would you buy them? Just seems like those who may buy them just don't research enough, care enough or like the blingy purple color..

The OP never mentioned anything about aftermarket shocks. 9 time out of 10 it's safe for me to assume people plan on buying lowering springs without thinking to upgrade their shocks. I've seen it literally thousands of times.. This is why I automatically suggested the springs I did, since they will work better with OE type shocks.

To clarify, OP, do you plan on running OE shocks or upgrading aswell? What's your budget? What kind of ride are you looking for?

civic98ek

Registered VIP
i do plan on getting new shocks for the simple reason that my oe ones are pretty bad and my back tires have negative camber and i have all stock suspension. i wanna lower it to get rid of my wheel gap but i dont want it too slammed considering i live in PA and the roads are terrible and winters are terrible too. adjustable coilovers would be nice but working part time and going to school full time doesnt support that haha im willing to spend maybe 300 at the most. but my car also needs paint so im not sure how much money ill have.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You have negative camber on stock suspension? Do you mean you can visually see your wheels camber in at the top? Or do you mean you are getting "camber" wear on the inside tires?

If your wheels are tilted inwards at the top(negative camber) and you're on OE suspension, you have a worn suspension part somewhere.. If your wheels are straight but you are getting wear in your tires, your alignment is likely off. Or possibly a combination of both.

Regardless, if you plan on lowering just a little bit but still plan on using your OE shocks, the springs I mentioned would be your best bet: Tein S.Techs, Eibach Pro-Kit, or Progress Sport Spring. They lower the car enough to look better, but not enough for you to be concerned about hitting things or babying the car while driving. They are also soft enough to use with OE shocks, though as always it's a good idea to get some decent aftermarket shocks for them.

DeathLens

EM1 Crew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have pics of my em1 (skunk2 on stock struts) and my friends em1 (eibach pro kit) if you wanna see how low they go. I've had mine for four years without a problem but then again, it was not daily driven. Very practical height.

Mine is for sale since I just got Skunk2 Coilovers.

edit: link on my sig is my pic thread.

civic98ek

Registered VIP
They have camber wear and they're slightly tilted inward my tires are expensive and I don't wanna be ruining them haha so ill replace what has to be replaced when I lower it and get an alignment too but if anyone has suggestions for springs plz let me know