Has anyone ever had their facebook account disabled?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
What the hell? Granted I don't really care much... But I've had a Facebook account since around the time it was first launched. I read the terms and conditions or whatnot and I don't believe I have done anything wrong. I was on it last night and then I came home from work today, tried going to Facebook, and it said my account was disabled?

I is sad.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Rofl

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I don't think I have ever heard of that happening to a normal person (ie. not a spammer). There are ways in which you can contact facebook, try doing that.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I don't think I have ever heard of that happening to a normal person (ie. not a spammer). There are ways in which you can contact facebook, try doing that.
There's like a FAQ and one of them says "Why did my account get disabled" and theres a link you can click if you believe your account got disabled by mistake. I filled out that form... What bothers me more than my account getting disabled is the reason why it did lol. I wanna know why it did. Whether it was a hacker or whatever.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
My dad had an issue with his account, and I found out the hard way that Facebook has a piss poor excuse for "customer service". Facebook makes money, they don't really have any overhead costs.....so they should have a way that you can talk to a representative. Their "help" section literally runs you in circles.

Kswest

Failboat sails at 9
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Twist in the air like...Wait, what the hell is that song? The only song about shirt removal I remember was by Petey Pablo mang.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
My dad had an issue with his account, and I found out the hard way that Facebook has a piss poor excuse for "customer service". Facebook makes money, they don't really have any overhead costs.....so they should have a way that you can talk to a representative. Their "help" section literally runs you in circles.
NO over head costs, Are you being serious here? They run a half a billion pages and they dont have over head?
I have a facebook page that has over 55,000 people who "like" it... but I can't post updates to it cause I violated terms of use...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ah-Ah-Ah-Ah-Ah-Ah-Take-Your-Shirt-Off/282411132295

I can check out the stats of everyone who likes it... over 50% of the people who like this are under 18, and from Australia.... o.O
Thats gay, I dunno why they dont just disable it. Have they told you why they disabled it?

Anyways, I think a hacker probably did that.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NO over head costs, Are you being serious here? They run a half a billion pages and they dont have over head?

Thats gay, I dunno why they dont just disable it. Have they told you why they disabled it?

Anyways, I think a hacker probably did that.
You can top out your Facebook friends. It happened to a colleague who was running a pretty popular blog through Facebook.

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wait so theres like a max amount of friends ur allowed to have?

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I was wondering where you went...

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You're trying to tell me that Facebook has so much overhead costs that they can't afford ANY customer service reps? Bullsh*t.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You're trying to tell me that Facebook has so much overhead costs that they can't afford ANY customer service reps? Bullsh*t.
They can afford them, but with 600,000,000 users, with a 1% error rate daily (About normal), that's 6,000,000 emails/phone calls a day. They only have 2000 employees. That's 300,000 users PER employee.

Let's also take into account that not all 2000 are customer service reps. So, let's cut that number down to a VERY generous 750 employees as customer service reps. That then turns into 800,000 per customer service rep. Also take into account that 10,000 new websites integrate with Facebook daily. 2,500,000 websites have integrated so far. These sometimes cause issues, so people email Facebook about it.

It's not that they can't afford ANY, it's that the reps are so over whelmed.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
They don't even HAVE reps that I could find, so it's a moot point.

radracer

5+ Year Member
i had my account disabled due to someone was trying to access my account from an unkown computer , once i contacted the mand they told me bout the other computer tryin to log on i stopped it and my account was active again

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Why should facebook have reps. Working with the public in the tech field you quickly learn that people are retards. Just today these senarios happened. "no your phone is not broken you just have the phone muted," "No your screen is not broken your brightness is just dimmed." "Sure you broke your phone into three pieces and you think we owe you a new one. let me help you with that." "No mame you can should not be able to pick up your neighbors locked wifi signal because the name of the wifi network is your street name." "No you can't pick up the wifi's anywhere." "No you shouldn't have see better battery life when you are on your phone all day running bluetooth and viwing high resolution movies." "No, you need an apointment to see a tech. I'm sorry that you drove 5 minutes to get here. We see thousands of people in the store everyday. You alone are not the worlds priority."

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
They restored my account. I got an e-mail saying "We sincerely apologize. Your account was disabled by mistake.". At first I wanted to e-mail back and say how the hell do you accidentally disable a random persons account?

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
At first I wanted to e-mail back and say how the hell do you accidentally disable a random persons account?
They were trying to disable Elton John's account. Between the gayness, and the "John"....it was an easy mixup.