having starting issues

HondaFan96Civic

Hey guys I have a96 civic ex and im having some problems with it. I have literally tried everything and Google everything and still can't come up with anything. The problem I'm having us my car will crank but im not getting any electric anywhere no spark, no fuel, my dash lights won't come on meaning the warning lights like check engine etc, only lights that come on are ny headlights and my tail lights. Other than that nothing. I could really user some help or advice on this matter cause I need this car running for work. Please someone help with any ideas. I also put a d15b7 block in it with d16y8 everything else also 3 clips on the harness aren't plugged in do to the fact that where they connect is missing idk what happen to it the previous owner treated this poor honda like crap and I want to bring her back. Need all the help I can get. Also feel free to text me since I haven't been on much 9405952120 my name is Chris thank you

my93civic

I would check the fuses and relays

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What sensors are unplugged? Some engines need all of them to run. The ecu could be looking for them.

What did you do to it before it stopped running?

Are you getting fuel? Are all the plugs not firing or just one?

Need more info than just my car wont start.

HondaFan96Civic

Not sure what sensor exactly but two of the clips are big light blue ones, and the other is a round grey one. I have no spark from any of the spark plugs, I have no fuel dont even get the humming and the clicks from the fuel pump. None of my cluster warning lighta come on all the fuses are good relays are good tested them. They guy before me had thrown a rod thru the block he said it was a blown head gasket but he knew he thru a rod dude put a turbo on it and she had 200000 miles crazy guy so yeah I got a d15b7 block and bolted it to my d16y8 head. But like I said im not getting spark from any of the plug no fule att all, fuses are good under dash and under hood. The main relay smells fried so im gonna have that one tested and probably buy a new oem main relay but other then that im stuck

Not to sure what else he did to it after he thru the rod. He was a tweeker the previous owner and I guess just asummed he could rig a bunch of s*** and make it work. He even tried to wire a push button start and kill switch cause the ignition was broken amd so he took the lock cylinder and everything out I pulled all those wires out and bought a new lock cylinder and ignition switxh the whole 9 yards so I could use my key again idk if he wired something wrong but I did have melted wires under my dash well the ones he put in were kinda melted and ran to every which way

Last edited by a moderator:

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1) If the main relay is fried, it will definitely not start.

2) So the wiring is all hacked up? That would be my first go to. It probably has something to do with his shoddy wiring and fake immobilizers. Something is cutting power to the ignition system and that is a very good place to start. Get that rat's nest out of there and put a proper harness back in.

HondaFan96Civic

I got his rats nest out and put the new ignition system in all ready so I have to figure it out im assuming its something electrical

HondaFan96Civic

If the main relay is bad could that be why it isnt getting power to the dash cluster too and not getting spark and fuel? What does the main relay do

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Main relay controls power to the fuel system and I believe the ignition as well.