Having trouble with my Civic

Zachary Manning

I'm having trouble with my 1994 Honda civic coupe. It has a d16 motor and 5 spd transmission. I have no idea where to start on diagnosing the problem. I have a huge loss in power and mpg. I give it gas and it don't want to go. It surges and the engine light comes on at the same place down the road everyday. But when you turn the car off the light goes off and doesn't come back on till its sat for 2-3 hours but still has the loss in power and mpg. Can a slightly misshapen spring in the coil pack cause the problem? The last puddle of water I hit I think was what did it. I try not to drive in the rain because it always gets under the cap and I have to dry it off. It starts up every time and revs up 1-2 times on its own after its sat a while. Sometimes never at all. Idles fine but I'd love to get my power, acceleration and mpg back.

Zachary Manning

Yay! Thanks for the help everyone lol. It was the ignition coil on the dizzy for anyone else who might have this problem that my be a good starting point. I'll be using a different forum from here on out. Peace bitches.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

Bye felicia