1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

Head gasket changed, Still white smoke???

Discussion in 'Tech Archive (No Posting)' started by didaskolos, Mar 13, 2008.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. didaskolos

didaskolos New Member 5+ Year Member

May 29, 2007
    I recently just change my head gasket out and ever other gasket on the head, The car still blows white smoke out. And I mean alot. Now how blue would the smoke be if it was oil. I know the car has a oil lieak problem for sure. But the smoke looks more white than anything. Does anyone know what else could be wrong with it,
  2. dmatrix1

dmatrix1 New Member 5+ Year Member

Oct 26, 2007
    Valve Guides.........get your head rebuilt..means new head gasket...........rebuilt is usually around 180....
  3. jason_guy_yeah

jason_guy_yeah New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

Sep 12, 2006
    laurel, MD
    x2, yep the head proably needs to be shaved.
  4. JRcivic97

JRcivic97 New Member 5+ Year Member

Aug 30, 2007
    East Providence, Rhode Island
    I think I know my friend

This sounds like you might of put a high octane gas in the car that caused this. I had a GMC jimmy once and i went to get gas and i put in the best and all of a sudden i got white smoke. So I would stick to what you were using before for gas and that should solve the problem in a day or so. If not then check your fuel filter as well. Good luck!