Header suggestions on em2

marmoney90

yo i just bought a em2, i installed CAI. I know d-series is not the best motor to build on but im lookin for cheap headers, pretty much to dress up my engine bay and get that heat shield mess out of there ;). and a lil hp gain is always nice. are ebay cheapos good? or should i go more expensive?

Last edited:

jessye08

i wouldnt go ebay adys auto sport carrys some realy cheap name brand ones and if your going more for looks weapon r has some realy cool looking ones

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I ran OBX with no issues

marmoney90

megan is too expensive for just everyday drivin. im not lookin to spend too much money on somethin like a d17a6 thats not gonna be very fast no matter how expensive the headers are. im lookin for some hp gain but more for show, to open the hood and have people say oh s**t, i already got cold air and strut bar, just lookin to dress up a lil bit. but dont want something that will blow up if i take the rpms to 7k you kno

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
megan is one of the cheapest ones you can get if you buy a no name ebay header its going to start to rust within two months and is going to look worse then a heat shield. ill advise you again to get a megan 4-1 and get it painted. $150 or best offer is to much http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MEGAN-RACING-4-1-HEADER-HONDA-CIVIC-2001-2005-DX-LX-NEW-/350411093354?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year:2001|Model:Civic|Submodel:DX&hash=item519620f56a also if you remove your stock header your also removing your catalytic converter which will make your car run bad and you won't pass smog checks if your state has any. you will need a megan O2 simulator or you can have a cat welded on.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You only have ONE header, not headers. Engines with two cylinder banks have headers. Your engine has one cylinder bank, therefore it has one header. That being said, with a stock engine, you will not see ANY gains at all with an aftermarket 4-1 header. You don't have anything special under the hood, so you shouldn't worry about how it looks anyway.