Heat shield

honda girl ;)

Ok, so my heat shield has been rattling ever since I bought my car. It's no big deal, but it's annoying. I've heard you can't take it off and I've heard you can. I'm not experienced enough yet to know if I can. What should I do?

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Which heat sheild? Under the car or on the manifold?

Anything can be taken off.. but i would tighten it as the exhaust manifold isnt much to look at.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Any of the heat shields can be removed, but keep in mind.... they shield heat, lol.

With that being said, I removed the exhaust mani heat shield on my 6th gen as one of my first mods (it was rattling and annoying me), and never had an issue. I think many people remove them to be honest.

honda girl ;)

Any of the heat shields can be removed, but keep in mind.... they shield heat, lol.

With that being said, I removed the exhaust mani heat shield on my 6th gen as one of my first mods (it was rattling and annoying me), and never had an issue. I think many people remove them to be honest.
Ok thanks =) I'll probably try to get under there this weekend and figure it out.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ditto.
Removed them on all of my Hondas', strictly out of convenience, they were rotten.
Never had an issue.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It should be fine unless it is covering or blocking heat from something important. Most of them are just to shield the heat to keep the interior of the car from getting excessively hot in those areas. Removed my rattling heat shield that is around the shifter area and it now makes my shifter hot on longer trips. Not enough that it makes it unbearable though.