Heater doesnt push any air...

Drows

5+ Year Member
So, I'm far in the north, and we already have snow... But my heater doesnt work. Well, with time I can feel some warm air comming but it doesnt shoot any air. 1-2-3-4 doesnt change anything. I looked at my fuse, every thing seem fine. Help me, I freezing :(

By the way, its a EF 90

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
your blower motor might be gone....you can find that in the passenger side foot well. thats what happened to me a couple winters ago.

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well if it doesnt blow air, thats the problem, assuming you didnt blow any fuse and your climate control works.

Drows

5+ Year Member
I'm not the kind of guy that will change everything until it work... Is there a way to verify ?

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Bump. Don't let this guy freeze in his car. I'm betting it's the blower motor too, but I'm not sure how to check.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you could get a volt meter and check to see if you are getting power to it in the first place...if you are...check the connections. then you could get the power from the fuses, i think there might be fuses for climate control under the hood too. another thing that i found out that i did when mine was out...was that when the engine was all headed up n stuff...just open the window a crack and more hot air will come out of the vents and will heat the interior. works really good when you are on the highway as well.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
That's what I was thinking... but I'm not sure where to direct him to check for power. And there's a fair chance it's going ot be a pain in the ass to get to it. You're probbaly goign to want to remove the 12V glove box in order to haev better access.

Open the glovebox and press the sides in so you can pull the box forward and it can fall forward. Now you can get to the bolts holding it onto the car. There should be four 10mm botls I think. Remove those and the glovebox is off.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
im not too familiar with the 4th gen interiors but it was fairly simple for me to check the power for when mine went out...didnt need to remove the glovebox or anything. but then again, like i said, im not too familiar with 4th gen interior so.. :what:

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oh crap... Yeah, I forgot this wasn't a 6th gen. :lol:

elisium

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
this happend to my crx. there are some screws at the bottom of your glove box it should come off after that. as for the blower motor it is under the passenger side dash. there is a clip i cant remember if its on the back side of the motor but you can check the voltage from there. and to remove it in the hanes book it says its easy to get out but its not. i had a lot of trouble to get out mine hit on the floor. i had to cut the grid on the motor assembly and in bolt the hampster wheel looking thing from the motor...i forget the name. but it came out fine after that and i bought a new one and it was fine.