Hello i am new and i purchased a Civic yesterday and have a few questions for pros

Clean

Hello, i figured this was one of the best places to go to ask any questions regarding the car i bought yesterday, it is a 2001 Honda civic LX/ES1, i would jus like to know i few things, i bought the car with 17"rims and it has 2 12inch subs in the back and for some reason the front of the car sits and rides a little higher than the back and i know the weight of the subs cant be doing it, also the guy i bought it from said he replaced the shocks/springs on the car and i think he only replaced the front, and I would also like to know exactly what i need to pass for safety, the car is a rebuilt title, if more info is required then i would be more than happy to give it, thank you for anyone that has read this and i look forward to any responses

BrandonTCanada

as far as i know safety is the same as any other car. yea that sounds like the struts in back could be bad

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It can DEFINITELY be the subs weighing it down. Only way to know for sure is to take it out and see if the height changes.

As far as safety, you are going to have to give more information. MOST people here don't have safety inspections so we have NO clue what you are asking for. Get a hold of a safety inspection sheet and go through it making sure your car is up to the standards. Not hard to do.

Clean

Alright thanks Lethal, for more information, i got into contact with the previous owner and he did infact buy new OEM springs/shocks for just the front of the car, for safety im not worried about the horn and lights and wiper blades of the car, but the rad support frame besides the drivers side headlight is a little bent and the hood is a little off from the car, its not really noticable but can they fail my safety inspection for that?