Help 99 civic no power to fuel pump

Ekb20headache

I have a b20b in 99 civic coupe
I have read almost every thread on fuel pump issue of this type .. Ive checkd all grounds and fuses 10x ive tried 3 ecu all the same issue im using a step down ecu adapter.. Ive tried grounding a16 (nothing) ive tried jumping 1-7 5-7 on main relay plug dont get anything when turned to on(2) but when no key in ignition and tried 1-7 fuel pump runs ..5-7 nothing.. When main relay plugd in and ecu plugd in i hear a click coming from dash sumwhere but no fuel .. When fuel pump connected direct to battery car starts and runs mint .. Im lost any help is good help thanks

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sounds like you need a new main relay, you should hear a click when you first turn the key and then a few seconds later another click when the pump is supposed to shut off. i would pull the main relay out and re solder all 8 of the connection points for the relay, its really two relays inside the casing.

FlatRate

5+ Year Member
Sometimes its a simple ground wire. Check for where the ground was. Last I worked on an Accord and the A hole used the fuel pump for the amp and did not tighten it back in causing the fuel pump to not come on due to no ground. Recommend checking the power out from the main relay. If it has voltage then check going into the pump. If good then check out of the pump. If it has 12V then there is no ground.