help bleeding coolant system 95 civic ex

voxleo

5+ Year Member
Okay so I replaced the 02 sensor and the radiator and the thermostat and the CEL is finally GONE!! (YAY!!)

In order to get the sludge out of the coolant system, I am trying to flush it before filling with the new stuff so I don't just ruin the new radiator but I can't seem to get the bubble out of the system and from what I can tell, there just isn't any water going through the lower radiator hose to the thermostat - all other hoses are hot but that one and there seems to reference to a bleed screw somewhere which I cannot identify on the car - anybody got pics or a diagram where i might find it or an alternate method of getting the air out?

heat comes on, but I've not seen the radiator fan move yet - should I run it with the heater on or off until the fan kicks in first?

Any help would be appreciated as I really don't know what I am doing and can't afford to take it to the shop. So far, I do okay following guides and instructions from the helpful folks like you all!

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The bleeder is on the fitting bolted to the head, where the upper radiator hose attatches, I'd send you a pic but my phone and tapatalk can't seem to get along. I'm sure someone will chime in soon, but if not, PM me your cell and I'll sms a pic if the bleeder bolt to ya =)

Sent from my craptastic metro pcs android using Tapatalk2 (I miss my "real" internet :(