HELP Caliper piston stuck

Ej8civic

5+ Year Member
okay so im chaing the breaks on my civic and i changed the dirvers side breaks then i moved on to the passengers side and i took it all a part and the piston wouldnt move back so i thought that maybe if i pumped the breaks a little it would help put it just pushed it out more and i still cant push it back, any ideas on how to move it back? i need to get this done today!

mixwell

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
make sure the c clamp is not crooked. actually, make sure the piston in the caliper isn't crooked.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wow pumping the brakes was not smart. did you take the master cylinder cap off? if that doesnt help try bleeding out some fluid while tightening the clamp to relieve pressure (you'll need a 2nd set of hands)

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the piston probably popped out and your probably trying to force it back in crooked. try and put it back in straight and clamp it in

Ej8civic

5+ Year Member
well im pretty sure it didnt pop out because i cant fully remove it out of the caliper, what do you mean clamp it in?

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what those guys said above, take a c-clamp and push the piston back in

stealthex

stealthex
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
open the bleeder on the caliper and try pushing it back in with a c clamp and make sure u push it back in strait if that doesnt work yuour gonna need a new one

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
Sorry to bring this thread back but Ive got the same problem. My friend had the idea of pushing the brakes without the pads in. The piston came out and now wont go back in. It's crooked about 4-5mm. I dont have the money to get a new caliper, so wats the best way to remove the piston from the caliper? ive already tried an air nozzle to the banjo hole(or fluid input hole).