HELP HELP HELP!!! car running horrible and wont stay running

teenageXrice

i have a 92 civic dx with a d15z1 motor swap. took out spark plug wires just to wipe off valve cover. car now sounds like its running on 3 cylenders, back fires alot and ides for a few seconds at like 100 rpms or less. any help would be SUPER appreciated

codeman76

Did you mix up your plug wire firing order?

codeman76

1-3
2-4 distributor cap

4-3-2-1 timing belt side

codeman76

If it was running fine before you pulled the plug wires then you mixed a couple of them up. I would go check it again.

codeman76

Oh ok i didn't know you were having those issues to. I thought you were only having a firing order issue. How low was the oil and coolant? Sounds like you might of blew your head gasket.

teenageXrice

no its dark like normal oil, and i smelled it to see if it smelled like gas and it just smells like normal oil

bigboi98

It was "out of oil and coolant"? Seems like spark plugs might be the least of your problems if it can't hold fluids.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

andersonwhit

woundering if any one could help me out i just got a 94 civic wit the d15 vtech the car drives great but idles at 3000 rpm. no vac leaks i have gone through an ckecked the sencors replaced IAT sen Temp sen TPS checks out on meater out of ideas please help me

codeman76

Does it idle at 3000 rpm when the motor is cold or after it has warmed up? For the record next time start a new post.