Help me determine my motor code.

Blurone

5+ Year Member
I just finished buyin a 89' Honda Prelude. Its an Si 2.0. Not the 4ws. I wanted to know if its the BA model. I looked it up on the engine code list and found out that just by it being a BA it has 135hp. Not much of a difference from the oter model but, how would i find out if is? Would it have the code in the vin #? if so my vin does have the BA after the 3rd letter. And anyone know of a good place to start buying my mods from. I'm looking for everything. A-z. I want this to be my daily driver/ beast of a car. u kno? I want power and to be able to keep my mind at rest of too much driving time.

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im pretty sure its stickied around here somewhere...search NooB search :D

:welcome:

hint: technical>engine codes :lol:

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Welcome!

You can check your engine code on the front side of the motor, there is a little square area with some letters and numbers etched on it...... (at least thats how the B and D series are).

Or check the engine code list on this site.......... =)

B20A5 2.0L 16V DOHC PGM-FI 1958 '90-'91 Prelude 2.0 Si (BA) USDM 135@5800 111@4000 9.0:1

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blazed said:
im pretty sure its stickied around here somewhere...search NooB search :D

:welcome:
:rolf: :rolf: :rolf:

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
u guys are like vultures (posting, not hating) on the noobs.......

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:
Welcome!

You can check your engine code on the front side of the motor, there is a little square area with some letters and numbers etched on it...... (at least thats how the B and D series are).

Or check the engine code list on this site.......... =)

B20A5 2.0L 16V DOHC PGM-FI 1958 '90-'91 Prelude 2.0 Si (BA) USDM 135@5800 111@4000 9.0:1
MySiIzFaster said:
u guys are like vultures (posting, not hating) on the noobs.......
LMAO..some1 woke up on the right side today and logged onto his own account mouthing off :lol:
and i did post a generous hint...

Your the genius that tol dhim to check the same sections i did and provide the answer at the same time..defeated the whole purpose of asking him to check though :laugh:
btw u posted the wrong one..his is 89 i believe..though the same engine code 8)

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
f**k me in the goat ass. See what trying to jump on a first post does... Ruins me........ROFLMAO.....

I did find out who was in my account BTW...... lol

Blurone

5+ Year Member
ok ok. you guys are crazy. I'm gonna start a time line of the car so keep checking back. i'll have pics of all the mods. But enough of the goat ass f**king and more about places i can get some parts for it at a reasonable price.

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blurone said:
ok ok. you guys are crazy. I'm gonna start a time line of the car so keep checking back. i'll have pics of all the mods. But enough of the goat ass f**king and more about places i can get some parts for it at a reasonable price.
check the site sponsors..check old threads..
we have a search box all the way up in the right hand corner..type in what u want and u'll more than liekly find something...u can check where to buy and not buy forums for feedbacks...

happy hunting :lol:

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blurone said:
ok for starters what do you recommened? K&N intake or OEM?
save ur money..drop a h22 :lol:

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ebay filter on a stick will give you just as much performance (none) as a $200+ AEM intake.

buy the $40 AEM drop in filter and be on your way.. =)

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
and since this isn't a 4g civic, or related to a civic in any way other then being a honda, this thread has been moved.

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blurone said:
H22 is nice. but is the Si good too??
if by si u mean ur motor..its crap...
if by si u mean civic si's b16a2 swap..still crap compared to h22...
and h22 will come out cheaper than a b16a2

Kataku

HAYOO
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
To elaborate on Blazed's comment about your motor.

Engine: Up to 1991 USDM B20A/B21A
Displacement: 1958cc or 2056cc
Compression Ratio: 9.0:1 or 9.4:1
Rod/stroke ratio: lower than 1.54
Hp/Torque: 104hp@5800rpm/111lb-ft@4000rpm to140hp@5800rpm/135lb-ft@5000rpm
Transmission: ?
OBD: 0
ECU: Don’t know/care.

These came from 88-91 preludes (maybe others too). These engines are not worth swapping into your civic. Don’t be fooled by the price of them. They are regarded as the worst of all the Honda engines and aren’t even included in b20 discussions. They get their displacement increase by a very long stroke (95mm as opposed to the B18A’s already long 89mm). This means that they have to use short rods. That means a low rod/stroke ratio which puts a lot of stress on the bottom end components (cyl walls, rods, etc.).

Blurone

5+ Year Member
SO are you guys saying that my motor is a POS? I've heard good things about the H22 but don't have the money for that. I've been really thinking of it though.

Kataku

HAYOO
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blurone said:
SO are you guys saying that my motor is a POS? I've heard good things about the H22 but don't have the money for that. I've been really thinking of it though.
It's not necessarily a POS. But if you plan on building on it or doing anything serious, then it is a bad idea. If you can't go with an H22(like the vast majority of people on here), get a decent B-series. B18A/B's can be had for cheap, or a B16 if you have the money for it(which is not crap, by the way, just not as good as an H22).