Help me paint my brake calipers red!

fvelasco89

5+ Year Member
I have a 2000 civic ex and i want to paint the calipers red, can anyone help me ? pictures please, makes it alot easier for me i would really appreciate it!

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have a 2000 civic ex and i want to paint the calipers red, can anyone help me ? pictures please, makes it alot easier for me i would really appreciate it!
I think this has to be the most elemetary post ive seen in a long time....

1. Think of your color u want to paint them.
2. Drive your black calipered car to the store
3. Pick up caliper paint
4. READ Directions On Back Of Can!
5. Repeat twice until u paint both calipers. The rears are even harder!
6. Dont forget to re-torq your lugs!

Happy motoring with your fresh new fad from the 90's! ;)

:smackself might as well throw on fresh rotors and pads while ur there!

fvelasco89

5+ Year Member
so im guessing its a bad idea? haha im new to this mannnnnnn, i just wanna make my car look nicer!!!!!!!!!!!!

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol... seriously... what are your goals for your car? lets stick to those... but i dont want to thread jack so PM me and i might be able to lead you down a path or two.

fvelasco89

5+ Year Member
i want my car to look more jdm on the outside, like not so stock looking, something nice , my car is silver its a 2000 ex manual if that helps, and what do you mean PM you?

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so you have wheels to show off the calipers? you might want to look in the member rides on this site and then u can get some ideas... Now, i noticed u used words like JDM. JDM s**t is pretty pricey. I wouldnt recommend trying to fake the funk when everyone knows what your trying to do.. theres plenty of CC users that are very happy with their stock rides. You should see the Black coupe on here thats boosted and bad ass thats going back to stock.

If your bored of your ride, id suggest a suspension upgrade. Ebay has tokico blues with springs for around 350 ish and youll roll 1.5" lower. Performance mods are yet another direction... Keep in mind that the days of ALL SHOW and NO GO are over, If it were me, id try and keep it stock looking with a beast under the hood.

now with all that being said, whats on your mind?

Also, PM means Private Messege (click around my Icon to find it)

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i want my car to look more jdm on the outside, like not so stock looking, something nice , my car is silver its a 2000 ex manual if that helps, and what do you mean PM you?
i love a silver ex's on blades and a nice drop

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeaaa.. i wish my car was silver!! took me 4 months to find an unmolested civic. When i found mine, i hated the color, but it was pretty straight and 1100 under blue. (Do you accept CASH?!?!?!)

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
your a RICER aren't you

j/p

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
invest that paint can money into a set of shocks/springs.

that always looks good

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Honda Civic Suspension Replacement:
The first basic reason is to replace your warn out OEM Civic Suspension (shocks). This is for the person that wants there Civic to get the smoothest ride possible and wants to save money. This reason would probably lead you to purchase non adjustable Civic shocks such as the Tokico HP Series Shocks . These shocks will keep your ride height the same as stock height while also giving you a better ride and handling than OEM Civic Suspension shocks. If your Honda Civic Suspension is still not functioning as it should, just replacing the shocks may not be enough; the springs may also need replacement. If that is the case, and you want to maintain a stock looking appearance the TEIN h-tech springs will give you the best possible ride and only lower your car by one inch.

Honda Civic Suspension Performance Upgrade
If you want to give your Civic the best possible handling, you will want to lower it. By lowering your Civic, you lower its center of gravity; hence, preventing the rolling force when cornering. The second benefit of having Honda Civic suspension components to lower your car is that it will add style to your setup by having a more aggressive look. To lower your Civic you simply need some lowering springs or some coilovers (more info is available in the respective category description). Also, some Civic applications may find that a camber adjustment useful to prevent the uneven wearing down of tires as the results of lowering the Civic more than 1.5 inches.

VSP

Just hand me the wrench.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So you want to paint your front calipers. That's fine. Do a google search or a clubcivic forums search for a good how-to. There's plenty of DIYs lying around here and there.

BTW, don't listen to what others say about your ride. Granted, in the end it may look tacky, but it's your call to make. Hey, who knows; if you pull off a good paint job and don't mind the rear drum mismatch look on your (prolly) stock EJ8, it may not look half bad.

Do the research, and in the end you'll have no one to blame or praise but yourself.

nextproject97

5+ Year Member
Its really easy to do I did mine without ever disconnecting any brake lines and they have held up great just make sure you clean the calipers real good I used some good grease cutting soap and hot water then wire brush sand rough edges wash with soap and water again blew them dry with compressed air and then tape off rubber boots on caliper pins and tape off short section of the brake line and your ready to paint if its cold out you can take a heat gun and warm the calipers up a bit so the paint will stick better paint does not stick good to 40 degree metal . Make sure you use caliper paint to as it will hold up to the heat cause the calipers do get hot while braking sometimes .While you have the calipers off its a good idea to check that the pins are free get yourself some brake caliper grease and lube the pins up while you there and some disc brake quiet and apply to the back of the pads . I did my back drums also painted them flat black they look alot better than rusted, peeling like they were !!I removed my drums to do them it was much easier and you can check the condition of the brake shoes while your at it .Two things to remember your gonna get really dirty doing this so wear shitty clothes and Never / Never blow brake dust with compressed air make sure you wash it off with soap and water first before using compressed air !!