help please cel 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsvtec_eg

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i got my b16 swap done a couple of moths ago and i have been runnin the jdm p30 it came with and i am using my friends usdm p28 ecu and now i am getting a check engine light code 22???? i dont know what the hell a vtec pressure valve is... o yeah my car is 92 cx... someone please help\. and if you guys have any pics so i can get this figured out

EJ's Rule!

Got V-TEC??
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
check the vtec oil pressure sensor.. it's the green plug on the vtec solenoid.. unbolt it with a 15mm or 17 mm socket I believe and check it.. or just change the whole vtec solenoid..

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
EJ's Rule! said:
check the vtec oil pressure sensor.. it's the green plug on the vtec solenoid.. unbolt it with a 15mm or 17 mm socket I believe and check it.. or just change the whole vtec solenoid..
fo sho ^^

lsvtec_eg

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
EJ's Rule! said:
how much do those things usually go for.... is it hard? i am kinda new to hondas

homicydalboy

vtec+turbo=no traction
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
After I got my b16a swap done I was throwing a cel light code #22 also> It sucks now vtec. Well what I did is I did the DIY CEL test and found out there was another code that was being thrown it was the tps sensor code. I fixed that and the CEL went away completly.

Now do not get me wrong here.
THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU CEL IS FOR YOUR TPS!!!
I am just saying that that applied to my story, your could be something else.

Code 22 is the vtec saftey code it is the one that protects your motor when you ECU is confused, It throws the car into limp mode so you do not damage the motor. So if you find out that it is not the vtec pressure switch, restet your ECU, if that does not work see if your car is throwing any other codes if so fix them first and see if that helps. If that doesnt work then I am stumped.

Oh yeah if you are running a JDM or certain chipps in your ECU then you will throw code 36. But this code does not throw the car into limp mode nor turn the CEL on. Do not worry about this code you cannot fix it.

Nick

T!mmy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what DIY CEL test?

I am gettting the code 22 and it's pissing me off so bad...i've cleaned all the screens, oil level is fine, i have continuity with my switch, only thing I havent done is the oil pressure test (which I will do today)....Only seems to happen when I drive it hard through the gears and then the light will kick on around 4th gear....

any help?

typerspec

5+ Year Member
what DIY CEL test?

I am gettting the code 22 and it's pissing me off so bad...i've cleaned all the screens, oil level is fine, i have continuity with my switch, only thing I havent done is the oil pressure test (which I will do today)....Only seems to happen when I drive it hard through the gears and then the light will kick on around 4th gear....

any help?
Hi ive searched google and i have the same problem have you ever found out your probleM?

at 4th gear i would have the same problem VTEC would just stop and at like 4th gear the checkengine light will come on????
its a pain i reset it a couple of times i still have the same problem.
please can you let me know if you fixed it and what was the problem.

Thanks...

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Please look at the dates of the posts. That was over 8 years ago and he never posted again.

Thank you for searching first but on something this old its better to start your own thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.