Help please Power windows

eddie quinones

So i recently purchased a 96 honda civic ex coupe when i purchased it the passenger window didnt work but my drivers side window does so i got around to looking to see if the window would be a easy fix so i checked fuses first and all were good under the hood and under the dash so i noticed a wire running from the fuse box under the dash going to be hide the door panels on both side i took off the passenger side door panel and notice a wire broken a blue with yellow stripe i have not look at the drivers side yet but wondering what could be a possible fix so i can fix this the right way thanks everyone in advance

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
solder and heat shrink tubing

Tomahawk674

Hello, I was going to start a new thread but this one is so similar I thought I'd add to this one. The issue is on a 1999 Civic LX, and the windows work intermittently. We just put in a brand new master switch in the driver's door, but the problem did not go away.

If the master switch isn't the root cause, what would be the next step to check? wiring looks ok...

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The wiring is not ok most likely, pull the fender on the driver side and get to the door plug with all the wiring. Pull the rubber boot back and look inside the plug